New puppy lots of questions - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By jojofergy
  • 1 Post By car2ner
  • 1 Post By Chuck94!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

New puppy lots of questions

So 2 yrs ago I got my first puppy ever (Iíve always rescued adult dogs in the past) heís a small mix breed dog and was a piece of cake to raise lol now fast forward to this yr I got a German Shepherd puppy last week she is soooo much more lol more energy more bitey more fun more vocal
First I gotta say I absolutely love this dog she is awesome! Iíve been wanting a shepherd for a while but always afraid to get one wasnít sure I could handle a working breed
She is the most outgoing fearless puppy I have ever seen! I love it!
I am so afraid Iím going to mess her up I got her last week wasnít planning to get a puppy right now just kinda fell into my lap a lot sooner than I planned idk her age so I guess thatís my first question any ideas on age based on pics? I am guessing around 7 weeks now? Her first Vet appointment isnít until the 12th I know itís a long time but thatís the soonest they could give me and I absolutely love this vet
I also wanted to ask how much is too much play pen time? She spends a lot of time in there between me working and sleeping plus my other dog doesnít like her yet but he seems to be warming up a little lately
I take her outside everyday and we play for a couple hrs in my yard because I havenít taken her to the vet I donít want to take her too many places until she gets her shots but want to keep her socialized what does everyone do for that?
Also is she a Black and Tan? Or sable? Just wondering a general idea on what she will look like
Sheís just adorable I love everything about her well maybe not the biteyness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 03:59 PM

here is the latest article I've found on socializing pups. Even if you aren't going to go for competition sports, the ideas in this post will serve you well.
SCHUTZHUND LIFE

She looks like a black and tan to me, but they often lighten up at they get older. Bitey is good and will slow down once teething is over. Your job now is to teach her what is OK to bite and what isn't. When you redirect her to a toy remember you have to make that toy come alive with movement. Just shoving it in her face will only annoy her. She wants to play with you! After you play a bit you can let her win and take the toy off like a trophy. When she is older you can have a toy or two set aside just for those tuggy bitey games and are a special treat.

I have no guess at how old she is. Your vet might be able to tell better. Looks like you are off to a good start.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you that was a good article!
I have been using lots of things to keep little Zoey fearless she doesnít even care about dropped pans there were fireworks last weekend and didnít phase her she definitely has a good start before I even got her lol she loves kids but my sis kids liked her for a little while sheís too wild for them though
And this Video was from last Monday she likes to tug already sheís such a great puppy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
car2ner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 09:17 PM

aww, so so so cute. what a good pup.
jojofergy likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Master Member

What a cutie! That’s exactly how Rollo was at 8 weeks old I loved it lol
Attached Images

jojofergy likes this.

Rollo: Viking & 1st ruler of Normandy | D.O.B. | 11-27-2017
Chuck (me): |23 Years Old|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page