Going great so far. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Going great so far.

So I have taken Luna with me everywhere I can. Went to the vet and she said a long as Luna stays away from other unknown animals and there waste me bringing Luna everywhere is a great idea. I know that there is a risk of her getting sick but with the ideal vaccination time being 3 months that is pass the ideal socialization time of between 8 weeks and 16 weeks. I personally feel to have a well adjusted and social gsd that socialization is a must. I took her to town hall and she did great and was the focus of attention and she eat it up no fear just tail wagging and loves given to her. Everyone thought she was a black lab LOL until I said nope she is a gsd. She is calm when we go places and people are amazed I said come to my house you will see how she really is LOL. So far she has been driven with me for 4 days, been to town hall and jiffy lube. It actually seems to tire her out to. I am expecting her fear phase to happen soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Elite Member

I had to respond because the clerks at town hall watched my boy grow from pup to adult. :-) I didn't let him get swamped with people petting but one or two every so often were fine and I'm sure you are doing the same. As for auto places, just be careful where she walks as even dried stains from auto places could pose a threat to health. That's my thought anyways.

Another outing idea for you. The occasional visit to the fire and police station was also incorporated. Careful though, sounds like your girl thoroughly looks forward to these outings. My boy did and still does and he now believes any building was built just so he can explore it.

I'm glad you are having fun with her and her experiences are all positive.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

The jiffy lube was in the lobby she didnt go into the auto bays LOL. I think my next outing might be home depot for the sounds and smells, i will look into the fire station and police station idea. Today we are going to get her own true crate not the travel crate that will be used when she is driving with me. She cant go to Petco yet and i am fine with her not going there until later, granted it is a great place, my golden has always had a good experience there. I try not to overwhelm her i try to bring her out but only to places i feel we will not meet strange animals (unvac) animals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Elite Member

one thing I will mention especially since she is still so young, keep an eye on stress signals, Mine tended to yawn. That was his clear signal. I found once, twice a week for the inside exposures and only for a few mins worked well. Just some thoughts.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Ya i am watching her for stress sign so far she hasn't showed any. when the family was over she was shy which i took as a stress so i put her in the crate and she went in and slept for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page