Idea on the color of my gsd puppy? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Idea on the color of my gsd puppy?

My gsd puppy is 5 weeks old and I was wondering what the markings may be like?

The father is bi-color, and very black with small brown pencil foot markings

The mother is a typical Black and Tan saddleback

Any help appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3207.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	419465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3222.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	419473  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Another picture of my puppy, Brutus, showing more of his body

Link: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 PM

I am thinking he is going to be a Bi color as well. How old is he? My last pup (RIP baby boy) was very similar markings to yours since we got him at 8 weeks and did change much except for a slight peppering down his back. I will try and find a picture for you and post it in a minute of when we first got him vs when he was almost full grown. He died when he was a year and a half so I don't know what his full grown coloring would have been. I'll find the picture for you in a minute So far I think your puppy is taking after the dad. My previous dog was born to black and tan parents so we have no idea where the bicolor came from lol.

Rip Wyatt Earp 9/21/2015-4/8/2017
Gone from my side way too soon. You are forever in my heart. Mommy misses you with all her soul baby boy...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 12:17 PM

the first picture is the day we brought him home at 8 weeks old. The other two pictures are from when he was a year and a half. Not much changed in his coloring except maybe a little more tan on the backs of his shoulders but again not much lol. Your puppy is a little bit younger than he was but around 8 weeks I think you will know mostly what they will look like. Good luck with your newest family member! I miss my baby boy so much :'(
Attached Images

Rip Wyatt Earp 9/21/2015-4/8/2017
Gone from my side way too soon. You are forever in my heart. Mommy misses you with all her soul baby boy...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page