So he's not a German Shepherd... - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 22Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Hi there, new here! I've always been a German Shepherd lover and about a year ago I lost my sweet gsd girl unexpectedly. I was heart broken, and longing for the companionship I had with her. My girlfriend who's only interest was cheering me up, found a lady that was selling a puppy and claimed he was a GSD. She bought him for me and surprised me with him. Upon first meeting he did appear to have some GSD traits/coloring but anyone with dog knowledge could tell he was definitely not a full shepherd. As the weeks went by he developed very very slowly and remained very small. It seems now at ~6 months that his growth has slowed even more. I am not by any means upset that he's not what she was told he was, as he is happy and healthy and I do love this boy dearly but I was hoping to get an idea of what breeds you guys think he could possibly be!

This is Remy!

The first picture was the day we brought him home @ 8 weeks old according to the lady we got him from. I thought he had to be younger because he was so tiny.

Second picture is ~12 weeks.

Third is ~16 weeks

Fourth/fifth is today- around 6 months old. Next to a Pom puppy for size comparison.


I don't think he has even topped 30 pounds!

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1429_1489185092457.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	411897   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1728_1489185319864.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	411905   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2556_1489185526449.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	411921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2562_1489185890750.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	411929  
Attached Images
 

Last edited by caffiened; 03-10-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason:
caffiened is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Moderator
 
dogma13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: michigan
Posts: 5,548
I have no idea.But what a handsome little guy!

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
dogma13 is online now  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Elite Member
 
maxtmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Ramon Costa Rica
Posts: 1,030
A cute little guy, but...no clue!
maxtmill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Crowned Member
 
Stevenzachsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,752
I am so sorry for the loss of your GSD girl. It hurts so much to lose them.

No idea what your little guy might be, but he is adorable. There could definitely be some GSD in there. Who knows? After my senior girl passed, we got a hound mix puppy. (We think beagle/JRT). He was certainly different than I was used to. So much smaller and such different traits. He will be 5 years old in June. I wouldn't trade him for the world. He is awesome.

In 2014, I adopted a German Shepherd mix puppy from the shelter. No idea what she is mixed with either. She is the sweetest dog on the planet. Both my dogs were shelter pups - one from SC and one from KY. I didn't meet either one, until they arrived on transport. They get along amazingly well and I couldn't be happier.

I understand completely, the PB shepherd thing. Yeah, a big chunk of my heart will always belong to the GSD. That said, my dogs are perfect for me. Sometimes, you don't get what you want, but you get what you need.

Congrats on your precious pup. Please stick around, so we can watch him grow.
ksotto333 and islanddog like this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stevenzachsmom is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
I am so sorry for the loss of your GSD girl. It hurts so much to lose them.

No idea what your little guy might be, but he is adorable. There could definitely be some GSD in there. Who knows? After my senior girl passed, we got a hound mix puppy. (We think beagle/JRT). He was certainly different than I was used to. So much smaller and such different traits. He will be 5 years old in June. I wouldn't trade him for the world. He is awesome.

In 2014, I adopted a German Shepherd mix puppy from the shelter. No idea what she is mixed with either. She is the sweetest dog on the planet. Both my dogs were shelter pups - one from SC and one from KY. I didn't meet either one, until they arrived on transport. They get along amazingly well and I couldn't be happier.

I understand completely, the PB shepherd thing. Yeah, a big chunk of my heart will always belong to the GSD. That said, my dogs are perfect for me. Sometimes, you don't get what you want, but you get what you need.

Congrats on your precious pup. Please stick around, so we can watch him grow.
Thank you for your condolences and a warm welcome! You are so right- you don't always get what you expected but you get what you need in them.
Rescue dogs are the best! I also have a GS x golden retriever that is also such an oddball but the sweetest most cuddley dog (super important to me- the cuddling haha) I've ever had. They may not be purebred but they are still great dogs.

I think it would be interesting to get a DNA kit for Remy. Maybe someone will guess correctly, ha!
Stevenzachsmom and Chip18 like this.
caffiened is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Member
 
karladupler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 108
Sorry for you loss

Your puppy is sooooo cute! Enjoy him! His colours kinda looks like my boy colouring white chest, black eyes and muzzle, not a very pigmented back lol. You gotta post pictures in a couple of months to see how Remy turns out!! Seems like he's a GSD for me maybe a "Shepinois" (malinois with gsd) not sure lol but he's a handsome boy for sure!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17269246_397317710638456_87248953_o.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	411937   Click image for larger version

Name:	17269761_397317713971789_1158124170_o.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	411945  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
karladupler is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:45 PM
Crowned Member
 
onyx'girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SW, MI
Posts: 27,280
He is a teacup shephard You got lucky as they are very hard to find

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
11.08.06-9.28.18
onyx'girl is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Deb
Knighted Member
 
Deb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,388
Whatever Remy is, he's adorable!
Deb is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
He is a teacup shephard You got lucky as they are very hard to find
Haha, that's what I call him! Or a "dwarf shepherd"
caffiened is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by karladupler View Post
Sorry for you loss

Your puppy is sooooo cute! Enjoy him! His colours kinda looks like my boy colouring white chest, black eyes and muzzle, not a very pigmented back lol. You gotta post pictures in a couple of months to see how Remy turns out!! Seems like he's a GSD for me maybe a "Shepinois" (malinois with gsd) not sure lol but he's a handsome boy for sure!
Oh wow they do totally look similar in color!
karladupler likes this.
caffiened is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome