How heavy was your GSD at three months, and how big are they now? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

How heavy was your GSD at three months, and how big are they now?

Hi,
I have a puppy who is about 14 weeks old (three months and 1 week), male. His name is Loki. He is about 25 pounds now and has only put on a few pounds since we brought him home two weeks ago. That said, he's definitely bigger. He's doing very well, eating well and happy. I'm just wondering how big he might be. All his litter mates seemed about equal size. His father is 90 pounds, and I'm not sure the size of his mother. So I'm just looking for some feedback--how big was your pup at three months and how big is he/she now at what age?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 09:26 AM
Banned

Mine was 25lbs at 10 wks and 34 lbs at 14 wks. She turned 2 last week and has been between 70 & 80 lbs for the last year. The breeder said her mother was 70lbs when I saw her (after weaning the litter) but she normally carried 80lbs. The sire ranged between 125-135lbs.

She took most of her physical characteristics from her mother but it doesn't always go that way. The vet guessed 90 as did the breeder and she could be if I didn't monitor her calories closely, but she's tall/lanky and I try to keep her around 70's for health
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akolody313 View Post
Hi,
I have a puppy who is about 14 weeks old (three months and 1 week), male. His name is Loki. He is about 25 pounds now and has only put on a few pounds since we brought him home two weeks ago. That said, he's definitely bigger. He's doing very well, eating well and happy. I'm just wondering how big he might be. All his litter mates seemed about equal size. His father is 90 pounds, and I'm not sure the size of his mother. So I'm just looking for some feedback--how big was your pup at three months and how big is he/she now at what age?
Thanks!
I can't remember exactly. I would say roughly about that. He's #75 now. Dogs grow at different rates so I wouldn't compare to closely.

90# sire? Even that isn't a perfect comparison. Is he 90# because he's big boned? Or heavily muscled? Or just overweight? How tall are the parents? The grandparents?

My boy is built like his sire's dam. So your puppy could throw back a generation or two.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Master Member

At 12 weeks Finn weighed 27 Lbs.

Right now he weighs 85 Lbs. He'll be 2 in August.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page