Is My Dog a Good Size? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThroughYska'sEyes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Is My Dog a Good Size?

My dog just turned 10 months yesterday and I was doing her monthly growth check, I weighed her and measured her and she definitely grew some but I was curious if she was a proper size for her age and gender. I'm not obsessed with her size or anything I just want to make sure everything is looking alright and how much more approximately may she grow?

As of yesterday she weighed in just a little over 61 lbs which I think is a good weight though she has lost muscle mass after an injury she got, and her measurements were Height: 24 in Length: 29.5 approx (we still haven't gotten the hang of standing still but I went ahead and took the shorter end of what I got)

I'm really not sure if that's normal or awkward or what but any input would be great. I'll also try to upload some pictures below though I haven't taken any recent so they are of her at 9 months.

Name:  Yska Standing 2.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  Yska Standing 1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  111.1 KB

Is My Dog a Good Size?-yska.jpg

Is My Dog a Good Size?-yska-full-2.jpg

Is My Dog a Good Size?-yska-front-copy.jpg

Is My Dog a Good Size?-yska-sitting-2.jpg

(At 9 months she was 23 inches in height and i believe 27 inches in length)

Also idk if this matters but her Father was a Panda Shepherd Just reaching over 100 lbs; unsure about his measurements but he wasnt overly tall, though he was quite long. and her mother was normal shepherd on the smaller side i would say 55-60lbs; shorter in length and height. I can show pictures of them too if needed
arizm likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 03:18 AM

Seems quite good to me. Butters is about the same right now, though she has several months on your dog. I believe she stopped growing height-wise around a year or so, but in terms in weight, she's likely to grow s'more, especially given the muscle loss you mentioned.

Your dog is GORGEOUS, by the way. I loovvveee animals with multi-colored eyes. You've got a very handsome pup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Butters - 10/11/14
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I feel very blessed to have her. Just haven't owned a shepherd in years and my last one was male so i'm not too sure what to expect haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page