Ears? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Ears?

Hi, a friend of my mum's gave us this puppy, he's supposed to be a Mal mix, when we got him he had puppy mange all over, lost fur on his ears, muzzle and body, the thing is his ears, its too floppy and probably too big? I mean i've seen floppy GSD ears before but not like this. my question is, would it eventually stand up? I would occasionally see 1 ear 'slightly' stand up for a couple of seconds and fall back, and recently his ears seem to fold backwards. hes 8-9 weeks old

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 04:21 AM
Crowned Member

That's one sad looking little puppy! Give him a hug for us! Make sure you keep him warm.

It is too soon to be worried about his ears. A lot can depend on what he is mixed with. Give it some time.

What's his name?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineAreWorkingline View Post
That's one sad looking little puppy! Give him a hug for us! Make sure you keep him warm.

It is too soon to be worried about his ears. A lot can depend on what he is mixed with. Give it some time.

What's his name?
He's sabretooth and another thing odd about him is that he has very sad looking eyes, but this little critter is lively and mischievous as ****.

thanks for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 04:44 AM
Crowned Member

LOL! Right now he looks like Snagglepuss. I hope he grows up to be Sabretooth for you! He sure has an extra dose of cuteness.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineAreWorkingline View Post
LOL! Right now he looks like Snagglepuss. I hope he grows up to be Sabretooth for you! He sure has an extra dose of cuteness.
Thank you! also I just realized that I've posted this on the wrong section and I apologize.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 09:50 AM

I don't think his ears will go up....fully erect like a PB gsd or mal, but you may get some lift. he's definitely playing his cards right with that sweet face... no way I'd guess he were as mischievous as you say

something about him is saying ridgeback to me. but 8-9 weeks is indeed too early to make an accurate breed or ear guess.

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page