Teeth - when do they start to come out? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Superion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Teeth - when do they start to come out?

Just wondering if GSD puppies have their teeth to come out a bit later than at 12 weeks. Rex is 4 months today and no signs of adult teeth yet. He is very mouthy and particularly whiny last 3 days, but all of his baby teeth are still here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 10:24 AM

Sounds like he's teething. My boys started about that age and it went til about 6 months I guess, then they had all their adult teeth.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Crowned Member

In their 5th month. The process only takes a few weeks. Don't have your hopes to high that with the puppy teeth gone, the biting will stop
During one tug game with Deja, Cam lost three of his puppy teeth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Crowned Member

the little front ones between teh canines come out first - usually 18 weeks or so - then they keep going - canines seem to usually be last - 6 months - if they don't come out while adults coming in - get to the vet to pull them...

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy831 View Post
Sounds like he's teething. My boys started about that age and it went til about 6 months I guess, then they had all their adult teeth.
Thank you, it is good to know my pup is not the only one starting teething late-ish. My friend has a husky who is 2 weeks older than my pup and she's done teething, Rex is a late bloomer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy dog View Post
In their 5th month. The process only takes a few weeks. Don't have your hopes to high that with the puppy teeth gone, the biting will stop
During one tug game with Deja, Cam lost three of his puppy teeth.
That late? I'm ok with biting, but still hopeful.... Bite inhibition didn't work, but he stops when commanded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
the little front ones between teh canines come out first - usually 18 weeks or so - then they keep going - canines seem to usually be last - 6 months - if they don't come out while adults coming in - get to the vet to pull them...

Lee
he is 17 weeks now. Checked this morning - front ones are funny looking, kind of poking out at weird angle.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 03:23 PM

Mine started a week shy from his 5th month birthday. Teeth EVERYWHERE, we would find them while tugging, eating, sitting next to us... he literally only have a few teeth and basically just gum - it was really cute, the tug slipped right through. All of his adult teeth just broke through now, 2 weeks after being gummy granny. Every morning the teeth looks bigger and scarier, i dont think it will take long at all for the teeth to be fully filled.
Momo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page