Wonky running/limping - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Wonky running/limping

I have a 13 week old male puppy and probably for 3 weeks or so he's had a weird limp on his left rear leg. He's growing extremely fast so I can't tell if it's growing pains or something I should be worried about. I took him to the vet just to have him take a peak and movement was normal and there was no clicking, knees looked fine, etc.

I just want to get some opinions here to see if this is how a puppy normally runs. Some background, I bought him from a reputable breeder, 5 generations back on both lines of clear hips. In the movies it only shows slight limping sometimes, but in the second one you can kind of see how he kicks his right leg off to the side when he runs.

General walking, fast walking, running:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddHqnStSXo

Slight kick from the right rear leg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKT85DGQCUw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Also, forgot to mention that he does limp sort of hard sometimes, it doesn't show it in the videos but normally when he's been moving for a little bit he clears up.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Crowned Member

I don't see anything. He's a beautiful puppy. Did the vet squeeze the long bone gently to test for pano?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

One more video of him going up the stairs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgKZdCQjMtg

He hesitates on the landing probably because he's looking for the food I placed at the very top. At this point in his life I don't really let him climb stairs either.

The vet mentioned Pano but I'm not 100% sure if he tested for it, I can call and ask him but he told me pano normally comes along with a fever and it will typically shift to different legs. He's only 13 weeks old and I know it's almost impossible to tell anything at this point, I'm just nervous I guess.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Crowned Member

He's very little to go up stairs smoothly. I still don't see it. Pano doesn't have fever, it's growing pains, not a disease.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Crowned Member

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Crowned Member

he is growing fast, lanky and loose right now.....pano is inflamation of growth plates in the long bones....he may be a bit young for it and he may just be pushing himself alot

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page