Does this count as separating puppies? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Does this count as separating puppies?

I have two five month old litter mate puppies. They are bonded so strongly together that with a door between the two, they would paw, whine, cry, and sit and wait for each other. One pulls and throws tantrums every time I try to walk him and so I don't get to walk him (I keep trying anyway).

My father suggested crated them both in separate crates but they would be in the same room. Does this count as separating the two? Will they still bond together even when they still see each other?

I want them to grow up as individuals, not two halves.

We do not have anywhere else in the house, but please don't give me lectures about buying two puppies at the same time; I really really REALLY regret buying them both and WISHED SO BADLY that my parents only got ONE. I wasn't there for their adoption from the breeder and must I say, even without meeting the breeder, I despise them for letting TWO puppies be sold to the same owner at the same time.

I walk them separately, but that's all there is. My mom feeds them at the same time, they sleep next to each other, they play and are with each other 24/7. For five months, they've been with each other for 24/7 and every day it just kills me because of that.

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 11-30-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: bolded so everyone would see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 06:52 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Have you seen this site? Has tons of info pointing out some of the problems of getting littermates and what you can do to help.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...dogs-once.html

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Alright, exploration hats on and got my handy dandy steel shovel. I'll be back after digging deeper into this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 06:56 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonbalm View Post
Alright, exploration hats on and got my handy dandy steel shovel. I'll be back after digging deeper into this site.
Funny funny

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Crowned Member

It's more of a lesson in management than anything. It takes more of your day up time wise, and is a bit annoying sometimes, but it isn't super impossible. If you are the kind of person that sees dogs as pets and hobbies you might even enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page