My new baby girl and her new brother and sister - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

My new baby girl and her new brother and sister

Hi me and my gf just purchesed a GSD puppy she's 10 weeks old and very cute. She is NOT shy and is very playful. A couple concerns I have are, my other puppy (7month old labrodoodle,35 pounds, same pet store). They play and fight and they love echo there but he is a bit over barring at times.. Sasha my GSD puppy is only 20 pounds at 10 weeks so she's just a little girl... She can still hold her own and ever seen her pull (titan) my labradoodle across the floor with a tug toy... Now since I have only had her for 3 days now she's been whiny and sticks close by me and the potty training is coming along faster than I thought..she's very smart and is caching on quick... My concerns are.. Is she going to grow up and be to aggressive since Titan is romping her good now?? Is she going to think it's ok to attack (play) with other dogs anytime she sees one or should I stop this play between them now.??? They are both VERY VERY active and I love to watch then play but sometimes have to seperste them be uses her puppy teeth are sharp to be chewin in his face.. He doing mind tho... Any input would be great and any tips would be also.. Thanks Bret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Crowned Member

From your post, it seems to me that Sasha and Titan are doing fine. Sasha isn't scared and you are watching and you separate them if it gets to rough. Playing with Titan isn't going to make Sasha aggressive to other dogs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Crowned Member

Play fighting is fine just know when enough is enough, this won't make her aggressive. Welcome to the forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for your time and info... One more thing that worries me that I have never experienced before... She has eaten her poop a couple of times... Very gross very strange... And had diarrhea for the first time today... Getting worried
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Crowned Member

Gross yes - strange no - some dogs and puppies do that. I found it is best to pick up right away. Also when the puppy comes near her poop - say "leave it" or "No" then throw a ball or stick so she chases after it and praise her.

Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Beth View Post
Gross yes - strange no - some dogs and puppies do that. I found it is best to pick up right away. Also when the puppy comes near her poop - say "leave it" or "No" then throw a ball or stick so she chases after it and praise her.
and keep her leashed until you have cleaned it up (based on experience )
Maybe redundant but also check out the threads on "Raising Two Puppies" so they won't forget about you.

Last edited by wolfy dog; 11-20-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page