Hockey pucks as toys - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Hockey pucks as toys

Has anyone ever used one as toy? The ice hockey pucks are generally pretty hard and I was concerned about damaging my dogs teeth.

Floor and roller hockey pucks are a little softer.

I'm Looking for toys to slide on the hardwood so I ... I mean Grim doesn't break any more things around the house when his kong bounces

Prime "Grimlock" Von Hugelblick 4/13-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marley APBT 9/01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 02:28 AM

Hockey pucks as toys-imageuploadedbypg-free1380003914.585000.jpg

My lab/shep mix thinks pucks are as cool as his rubber chuckit balls.. He leaves marks in a puck just from playing fetch.. Definitely not too hard(for the dog, household items are another story).

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Crowned Member

Probably ok unless Grim likes to chew on them. A lot of the street hockey pucks/balls are made in china, who knows what materials they use, just be careful and put them up when you are finished playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Crowned Member

What about a holee roller ball? It's soft and can bounce around without hurting anything and great for house play. You also never have to worry about it damaging teeth and Delgado has yet to bust one despite his best efforts and we'll play tug with it too! Most petstores carry them

JW Pet Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy - Sale - Dog - PetSmart

Shanna

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 7 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
What about a holee roller ball? It's soft and can bounce around without hurting anything and great for house play. You also never have to worry about it damaging teeth and Delgado has yet to bust one despite his best efforts and we'll play tug with it too! Most petstores carry them

JW Pet Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy - Sale - Dog - PetSmart
I'm gonna second this! Thor loves it, it's great for indoor play because it squishes, and Thor has yet to be able to destroy it.

I'm sure pucks would be okay toys, but as mentioned below, no clue what's in them and where they're manufactured?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Elite Member

^ Third those! My kids won't play with them outside, but inside it's GAME ON. I've thrown one directly into my TV at speed and it did absolutely no damage. There was a lot of swearing on my part and a frantic thorough investigation, not a scratch to be had.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury View Post
^ I've thrown one directly into my TV at speed and it did absolutely no damage. There was a lot of swearing on my part and a frantic thorough investigation, not a scratch to be had.
Hahaha, Great!

I'll definitely have to check it out then. I've knocked over 2 decorative candle holders by unintentional bounces so this looks good. In my early 30s and getting yelled at for playing ball in the house is getting old . I didn't think about where the rubber came from if get a puck so I'll make sure I check that too before I go that route.
Thanks for the Help hopefully I can grab one soon and post some pics

Marley APBT 9/01
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Crowned Member

Not to be a party pooper but if they are hard I would be concerned if the dog was chewing on them-they could damage the dogs teeth
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

No worries,

I'm not overly concerned about the chew factor becuse after play, I would remove the toy. I was more concerned with biting, carrying etc. but your comment followed my initial concerns.

Marley APBT 9/01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page