Clumsy Walk - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Crowned Member

collagen , is a major body component , including cartilage , intervertebral discs (which is why chicken necks are a good source) - ligaments / tendons (downed pasterns) , skin (fat scraped pork skin is an excellent source of collagen) , and organs , blood vessels , eyes .

A good source of protein is important . Animal sources of protein are important and the food you are feeding , by product , seems low. I had to tackle this when the Toronto Raw and Vegan festival asked me to participate reprepresenting animal care . In addition to the PETA group who felt dogs should not be owned, there were those that dedicated to sharing their dietary philosophy with their animals , dogs and "cats!" . I was there for two consecutive years . Good training , of the stand and deliver sort -- did lead to further study and inquiry.

Eggs are about as good a source of protein , including matrix builing proline , lysine , as you can get.

Collagen is helped by anthocyanidins --- and vitamin C , but the complete form which includes rutin . add antioxidants and anti inflammatory omega 3 's

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by carmspack; 07-31-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Crowned Member

by the way coyotes are virtual moving machines, very co-ordinated , rhythmic movement , good tight ligaments and muscle. We have so many in our "yard" acres that we recognize them as individuals -- named the undertakers, the teenager, and big sinister. Now they have their young out - no clumsiness .

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

So what kind of dry food does everyone else feed their GSD? I have access to Eagle, CANIDAE, Royal Canin, and Diamond.

I was thinking about switching to Canidae and found some bad reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztekdesign View Post
So what kind of dry food does everyone else feed their GSD? I have access to Eagle, CANIDAE, Royal Canin, and Diamond.

I was thinking about switching to Canidae and found some bad reviews.
I wouldn't feed any of those.

Do you have Fromm available near you? If not, you can always have it shipped.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Never head of Fromm but I will look into it. What style is best for his condition?
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Found Fromm at a local Kennel. They stock the Fromm Adult Gold or can order other styles for me. She said it's what she feeds her own dogs. She also told me that to her knowledge they have never had recall issues unlike other brands.

Would Adult Gold be a good choice?
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Crowned Member

The large breed puppy would probably be best, but adult's perfectly fine for him.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

OK, I just thought Adult might be better because it's lower in protein then the puppy formula.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Elite Member

Ztekdesign:

You have a lovely American Show Line style GSD puppy. With a fairly high degre of certainty, I can tell you that he will grow in to his angulation as me matures. Over the years, I have heard vet after vet tell ASL puppy owners that their dogs are crippled, dysplastic, in pain, you name it - all because they are angulated and look more extreme as babies than they do as adults.

Please relax, offer him a good quality large breed puppy or adult food and just let him mature. Exercise and good food will help and time will do most of the rest.

He is beautiful and very typical of this type/style of GSD. I have been raised with them and have one myself, so I understand.

Shannon

Sabra - female GSD - born April 30, 2012
Sargeant - rescued senior GSD male/foster failure - approximately ten years old (August 2013)
Max - rescued GSD - Dec 22, 2010 to March 7, 2012 - at the bridge
Sable - rescued GSD - at the bridge
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Just picked up some Fromm Gold Large Breed Puppy. A local kennel stocks it and she feeds it to her own dogs. The ingredients look really good and the company responded to my email right away with helpful tips on the right formula and proper feeding instructions. I have heard a lot of good things about them so I'm going to give it a try. He seems to like the taste better too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page