San Diego meet ups? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Question San Diego meet ups?

My pup will be coming home at the end of the month, I have several socialization activities planned including puppy class(after his initial adjustment period) but one thing I do not have is access to other well behaved vaccinated dogs... I don't know anyone else near me with dogs!

I know there's a meet up in balboa park, every tues? Is there a minimum age requirement?

I know my pup doesn't really need other dog buddies but its really important to me to have him be well socialized as we do a lot of outdoor activities with our dogs and I always have people coming up to me cooing over my doodle and I want my boy to be a good ambassador!

So anything else in the area or anyone with the above mentioned dogs that wants to play with a puppy, lol?

Ollie vom Grunenfeld HIC CGC
Anastasia(Mishka) vom Feuergarten HIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesue View Post
My pup will be coming home at the end of the month, I have several socialization activities planned including puppy class(after his initial adjustment period) but one thing I do not have is access to other well behaved vaccinated dogs... I don't know anyone else near me with dogs!

I know there's a meet up in balboa park, every tues? Is there a minimum age requirement?

I know my pup doesn't really need other dog buddies but its really important to me to have him be well socialized as we do a lot of outdoor activities with our dogs and I always have people coming up to me cooing over my doodle and I want my boy to be a good ambassador!

So anything else in the area or anyone with the above mentioned dogs that wants to play with a puppy, lol?
No, I don't believe there is a minimum age, as long as your pup has had a couple of rounds of vaccinations you are good to go. They separate puppies and adult dogs in any case. Be careful though some of the adult dogs there are not that social, make sure you ask before letting your pup approach another GSD.

I'm not that familiar with Carlsbad (I'm in Clairemont area myself) but finding a decent dog park would be a good idea. Ideally go and observe without your pup first and get a read of the owners and dogs that visit the park.
Again, be very careful as one bad experience for your pup could scar it for a long time.
I started bringing my pup to the local park at 9 weeks. (If you are not worried about the drive I recommend Cadman park, the owners are very attentive and the dogs are well behaved, 4PM to 6PM is usually a good time to meet some nice dogs and owners).

It sounds like you have already have a pack at home, that will help a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page