Is this a normal walk? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Crowned Member

It is really hard to determine the situation from a video and especially at this age. ow he is 7 months old, developing more muscle and it is almost gone.
Pups go through awkward stages. I have mine checked by a vet on a regular bases to monitor his growth and development. It might be overkill but I am rather safe than sorry and it is peace of mind, knowing that he is OK.
Just because you get the advice to take him to a vet, doesn't have to mean something is wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you everyone! I need to take him to the vet anyways because we just got him. But I love him already and I really don't want anything to be "wrong" with him. It is almost as if he is showing symptoms of DM, but at the same time, he gets up fine, runs fine, jumps etc...Aside from the vet I might try some exercises to get him to pay attention to his rear end and maybe that will help a bit. Otherwise, we will see how it goes over the next month or so.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Update

I took him to the vet today for his "well-puppy" visit. The vet group specializes in ortho pedic surgery, which I thought was good for the situation. Vet thinks it is just a loopy/lazy puppy phase. His trot and run are good. He said to keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, bring him in (obviously) otherwise he wants to re-check in 3-6 months. He really didn't seem concerned at all. I am soo happy.

Thanks again for the quick replies and input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM

I didn't see the video but if he's a puppy he could just be in an awkward stage. How can I get to the video?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

If you click on the photo twice on the first post it will take you to photo bucket to see the video.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrk9 View Post
I didn't see the video but if he's a puppy he could just be in an awkward stage. How can I get to the video?
What Capone said, just click on the picture up on the first post and it's actually the video.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page