Nickolas journal of a dog's development - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Crowned Member

Read this on my break. Can you give me some links or places I can read about genetic obedience. My break is almost over but Ill check back at lunch. BTW Thanks for this link .
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:53 AM

Thanks for posting this Carmen! I will definitely be following this blog (and hopefully I get to meet Nickolas!)

Lisa
Jazmyn - 11/11/2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

well I hated how this thread started because I wrote a long piece which was like the forewards in a book which would have explained the genetic obedience FIRST then this link.

If a moderator could delete the thread I would like to start over -- it makes much more sense then.

I tried but it wouldn't delete , remove, cancel.

it will be better for all
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Jag
Knighted Member

Thank you for this!! I will be following, as I think it will be a great help to me raising my new pup. Will you post when you update this?

Wrath of Grim z Dragon
"Mr. Grim"- Threaten my handler. I dare you.
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

POST TWO -- raising the pup -- GENETIC obedience on youtubey. Some 30 years ago I demonstrated an entire litter for genetic obedience that was for the benefit of the raisers and selection committee for a guide dog institute. It was put on the film available at the time . I have reels of film that I would watch when my husband borrowed a projector (dinosaur technology for you young guys) from his high school's AV (audio visual) department.

So here it is on camera - with Mike after he only had the dog for one hour.

All Things "Dog": Post 2 - Raising the Ideal K9 Partner and the Perfect Companion

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 AM

hi carmen, if ever you make a new thread, please let me know as i am subscribed to this thread.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

in this post I am showing you genetic obedience --- this dog was offering all this behaviour naturally -- demonstrated this to several visitors at my house when he was 6 - 7 weeks , and OFF property doing the exact same thing.
the topic genetic obedience was covered here https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...obedience.html

there is another blog coming soon which will be compressed into several days worth of excursions -- nothing is edited . This is how I look at my stock to make breeding decisions.

Carmen
CARMSPACK.com
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Great read, that pup is very impressive.

Lola :German Shepherd born 08/02/2012
Vader:Aussie/Border Collie born 05/06/2014
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 01:39 PM

Hello Carmen,

Great reads I'm going through it and it was interesting on the "natural" obedience part, and the first day spent together. Just wondering is your house a single human? Seems a strange question but when you said the pup laid at your feet while you were blogging (Minus the cat) I'm just wondering if there are other humans around that the Pup would go to for attention.

What your raising this pup to be (And all the pups you raise and train it seems) is exactly what I'm hoping to do with mine. I really want a people neutral dog who is calm secure and attached to our Family pack and everyone else is irrelevant. (Not hostile but not important)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page