new adopted puppy need advice - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

new adopted puppy need advice

so i brought home a little girl today for my white lab male because hes bored out of his mind he acted all nutty outside biting at the fence now two hours in there both in the house all seems to be settled other than the fact that my lab likes to stock pile the toys under his 120lb body -.-

otherwise my real concern is her size we were told shes 7 months and very shy well the shy issue is fastly going away she actually reacted alot better to us than to the other facility from what i can see

shes 37 pounds probly 16 inchs tall and i know shes very underweight but she doesent look like it she still has her puppy teeth and she is just figuring out how to use stairs so im guessing they might be wrong and shes about 3 to 4 months would that be a safe assumption?

she was being fed pedigree adult dog food as far as i know so im weening her onto kirkland chicken and rice puppy food and im supplementing her with nutri cal puppy gel once or twice a day
but does anyone have german shepards this small or could this be a product of being fed adult dog food and is this all reverseable

thanks ahead of time !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Crowned Member

My 2 lost their puppy teeth between 4 & 6 months (if I remember correctly). She may be younger than the 7 months they claim, either way she still has plenty of time to grow imop. I wouldn't label her as small yet. I'm not familiar with Kirkland, I feed mine Blue Buffalo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page