My gsd growth rate from 6 months to 11 months! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

My gsd growth rate from 6 months to 11 months!

I went through all the pictures I took since he was a little puppy and I was simply astounded by the change even from month to month.
I always wondered how he will look when he grows up and I'm very happy with the way he developed.

I got used to get comments from people who said he's too small and thin, But suddenly between the ages of six months to eleven months (today) he began to change and grow drastically from month to month.
Today I met three people (nearly half a year after) who once told me he was small and they thought it was not the same gsd, they even tried to argue with me and claimed I had brought a new dog

btw, do you think he`s fully filled?

Enough stories, Here is the pictures:

6 month:

7 month:

11 month (today):
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 06:55 PM

My 13 week old Sam is my first GSD, so I can't help ya on your question. I just had to stop by to say that he is GORGEOUS!! Our Sam is also thin. Her mother is a large GSD, so the vet just assures us that she is growing in height too fast for her body size to catch up! I am really hoping she fills out like your guy!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM

Wow. What a gorgeous dog. People are right - he doesn't look like the same dog. You must be doing everything right because he is stunning.

Linda
Effie (GSD) 7-20-11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Elite Member

Koshka is a super thin kinda dog too, but I bet he will fill out when he gets older. Yours from 6 to 7 months really filled in a LOT! ANd he looks fantastic now!

My Dog: Krissie ~ Beagle Mix Extraordinaire 09/09
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Crowned Member

nice!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 11:19 PM

That first picture of your puppy (at 6 months) looks EXACTLY like mine did at 6 months. Mine is 9 (almost 10) months now and he still hasn't filled out as much as yours did when yours was 7 months. He is still very thing and hasn't changed much since he was about 5-6 months. I'm starting to wonder if my boy is just gonna be small. Anyways, this is the first GSD puppy I have owned (I rescued all my others), so I can't answer your question. I just think its crazy how much your pup looks like mine

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 PM

since i've never grown up a puppy, i have no idea. however, i'm ALWAYS amazed by the pics posted on this forum how huge the changes in our in gsd pups. i've not seen such extreme changes in almost any other breed. even their markings and colors change from puppyhood to adulthood. the only other canines i've seen do that so extremely are wolves and wolfdogs.

hmmm

dw~
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Laney - I think every dog has a different pace of development and my dog is a good proof for that.
I always thought a gsd should be filled out by the time he is two/three years old. Does it make sense that my gsd ​​had finished to fill out?

Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page