Barking at people in the house. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Barking at people in the house.

We have had our little girl Meka for 6 days now and she'll be 9 weeks tommorow. She is very sweet and has really bonded to me. My question is about barking. We had someone over to the house today....Meka didn't bark at the doorbell but the second she walked into the house she started barking at her. How should I react? I have no issue with her barking at the door, my lab does it too but I obviously don't want her to bark at anyone I have invited into the house.

Now outside later on she did great in the front yard with my neighbor and her 3 young kids. She was playful but doesn't seem super interested in being around people other than me.

I would love some advice on how to react to her barking at people.

Thanks,
Louise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Crowned Member

She's just a baby and new to your home, so it's your job to protect her and make sure she knows you're protecting her. I know it's fun for everyone to come over and see the new pup but she's going to be scared and unsure of who and what's accepted in her new world. Future meet and greets should be with you in control and her feeling safe and secure.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. She's the first person that has come over to the house in the week that we've had Meka home. My son had autism and she's his therapist so she comes over a few times a week to work with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page