Onyx update and teething worry? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Onyx update and teething worry?

Hi onyx is now 18 weeks old and the ears are up very nicely.

from what I hear he is teething early and I don't know much about teething but as you can see from the next picture his bottom front teeth seem to have a strange pattern with two in front of two others. Is this normal? is it likely to fix itself? again I know nothing about how the teething process works or how the teeth come in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

and by the way he's not just cute he's funny watch this

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 AM

What a handsome dog!!! He seems more "cream" colored. That's how Tyde is. I'm hoping he stays that lighter color, as I really like it.

I'm not sure about the teeth thing, but I'll be watching for knowledged responses. Tyde has a couple loose teeth in his mouth, and he'll be 15 weeks on Thurs.

Here's Tyde:

Jeven's Tyde
Born 12/15/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Crowned Member

OMG - how stinking cute is he in that video?? Good looking boy for sure!

Hmmm, not sure about his teeth, obviously he still has his puppy teeth in the front. I'm not sure if his baby teeth are in & the adults are coming in at the same time? I hope by bumping this thead you get some answers!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I'm hoping for some good answers. and ya he's cute lol i knew I should post that video and tide is cute i like his coloring.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 01:38 PM

He is adorable!!! As far as the teeth, you might keep an eye on it and have the vet check them at the next checkup you have. By the looks of the pic, my best guess (NOT an expert by any means) is that the adult teeth are coming in before the baby teeth fall out. It may correct itself once the baby teeth come out, but it could also cause some issues - either making the teeth misaligned, or the adult teeth may not force the baby teeth out and they could rot. Keep on eye on it for excess swelling and really bad breath - if you see these, I would have the vet look at them for sure and it might be a possiblity that the baby teeth may need extracted.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Elite Member

I am by no means an expert, but that is exactly what happened when Cheyenne's adult teeth were coming in. They were coming in in back of her baby teeth. Eventually the baby teeth fell out and the adult teeth moved forward into position. I do know that sometimes, especially with the canine teeth, they can come in side by side and the baby teeth don't fall out. I had to have one of my dog's teeth pulled when she was spayed as a result.

But...based on your picture, that is just what Cheyenne's looked like. I would just keep an on it though...

-Jessica

Cheyenne von der Price-Sable GSD-12/20/10-CGC
Faegan vom Johnson-Haus "Panzer"-Black GSD-12/31/11-S.T.A.R. Puppy
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Elite Member

Hi I wanted to bring this post back alive because this is exactly how Z's teeth are coming in! anyone has any feedback?

Ruby {SG1, VP1, VP3 USCA Sieger Show, Kati Von den Oher Tannen} - Red/Black 11-15-2013
Zeus {Ymka Von den Oher Tannen, CGC} - Red/Black 01-07-2013
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Hi I wanted to bring this post back alive because this is exactly how Z's teeth are coming in! anyone has any feedback?
Wow....perfect timing to find this post! Good going Neko.

Sylar has already lost his front top fangs. The large ones...not sure what they are called. The vet noticed he was teething about 3 weeks ago and some adult teeth have already came in (although haven't found any baby teeth).

However, the very front baby teeth like in the picture looks similar to one of his front teeth (in fact the exact same one). I think the adult tooth is in the front babby tooth but can't really tell they are both rather small.

So like you I am also wondering if this is normal. I will attempt a picture later today.

Sylar - GSD - DOB: 12/18/2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Elite Member

I was searching the internet for anything that looked similar because it's impossible to hold him still. I found this picture in google and it linked to this post. This is identical to the way Z's teeth look. I wonder if Zevy still around! he would know!

Ruby {SG1, VP1, VP3 USCA Sieger Show, Kati Von den Oher Tannen} - Red/Black 11-15-2013
Zeus {Ymka Von den Oher Tannen, CGC} - Red/Black 01-07-2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page