Simba made a new friend - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Simba made a new friend

On Sunday evening I decided to take Simba up the street for a small walk. He became interested in a HuskyX named T-bone across the street and just stopped, sat, and watched him quietly. I let him watch T-bone.

Normally Simba is cautious, which is why he doesn't approach other dogs, so he just sat and watched. So T-bones owner crossed the street so they can meet and sniff each other. T-bone was, although, fully grown, scared of tiny little Simba who just wanted to sniff and play with him.

It was nice. Simba got to socialize with another dog, besides Bingo, and for once wasn't scared, since that incident I mentioned with the 2 GSD's who's owners almost couldn't control them and tried attacking Bingo.

Simba also got to meet a Labrador Retriever who was just calm, nudged Simba with his nose and kept walking calmy up the street. I was so happy to see him social and happy, not scared.

I can't wait for him to meet more dogs. We have a lot in our area, some friendly, some scared of socializing, and some... stuck up owners who pull their dog away from yours.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my story! Simba's 3mo's now, and I'm so proud of his mild behavior.

~ Alana

Puppy Loves:
Simba - December 16th, 2011
Bingo - March 16th, 2004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Crowned Member

Good for Simba! You might want to introduce new dogs by walking on a leash next to them rather than a nose to nose meeting, but I'm glad it went well.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
Good for Simba! You might want to introduce new dogs by walking on a leash next to them rather than a nose to nose meeting, but I'm glad it went well.
I need to find some dog owners willing to let me walk with Simba. I'd take Bingo, but Simba gets so distracted by him, and just wants to nip at his tail and ears. We need to keep Bingo 10 feet ahead of Simba lol. Plus, he sees Bingo every day, all day!

There's some Toronto/Brampton people on here. I'm gonna see if they wanna do a doggy date ^_^

~ Alana

Puppy Loves:
Bingo - March 16th, 2004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Knighted Member

awee i love stories like these. makes me feel like i can socialize my dogs too! YOU GO SIMBA!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post
awee i love stories like these. makes me feel like i can socialize my dogs too! YOU GO SIMBA!
^_^

He was shy at first because of the GSD's that tried to attack Bingo but he's warming up to other dogs. He's scared of GSD's though... his own kind, all because of the two big ones still. But other dog socialization is cool. I'm sure he'd be fine around puppies his age and size though ^_^

~ Alana

Puppy Loves:
Bingo - March 16th, 2004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page