Playmate in Maryland? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Playmate in Maryland?

Sooo, I would love to socialize Gibbs a little more with other puppies around his age and size. If anyone is in the Baltimore area and thinks they would like to do this, please PM me. I'll be happy to give whatever background information you need to feel comfortable.

Gibbs will be 15 weeks tomorrow. He is a White German Shepherd. Gibbs is up to date with vaccinations for his age. He has been around other dogs when we take him to the park we live by but it isn't much for socialization as most dogs there are too big for him and he hasn't had all his shots yet to prevent from getting the scary diseases out there. Gibbs is however in puppy classes but they are soon ending. So he has some socialization but the dogs there are very small compared to him.

I have attached the most recent picture of him. Sorry if it doesn't really show his whole size as he is laying down.

Again, if this post interests you, please PM me. Thanks a lot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gibbs couch.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	15698   Click image for larger version

Name:	gibbs ears.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	15699  

Jeff & Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Crowned Member

Gibbs is a handsome little guy.

If I may....please be careful if you get any PM's & giving out your information. I am probably crossing boundries here but feel better having said that!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the compliment and advice!! I will keep it in mind. Too bad no one has responded though. :-/

Jeff & Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Crowned Member

My best friends husband is an FBI agent. A few years he worked a case where a weirdo was doing keyword searches to find women to meet with total bad intentions in mind..he found his way to a random forum where he joined & befriended a member...the outcome was horrific.

Like my husband says, he's not paranoid, just more aware.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Crowned Member

Sadly, even though I am in the area, my dog is just too darned old. She is 14 years old and sleeping as we speak. In her younger days, she would have wanted to eat Gibbs - so still not a good option.

My daughter always says the same thing about me getting too "friendly" with online people. I have had the good fortune to meet some very nice people. You should always be careful and meet in a public place.

If you are in the Baltimore area, there are quite a few GSD rescue groups. Perhaps you could volunteer with one. It would be a good opportunity to meet other GSD owners. One of them may have the perfect playmate for Gibbs.

Good luck!
Jan
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!! It certainly is a creepy world out there lol. I appreciate the advice. And I will def look into the GSD rescues. I saw a couple that might actually work out. :-)

Jeff & Jen
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

So I figured I would try this again. We are trying to find a local play date for Gibbs. He is now 17 weeks and his ears are finally up!! :-) If you have any interest or are in the Baltimore area, please PM me so we can chat more. Thanks so much!! :-)

Jeff & Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page