I've been reading tons and tons how mental exercise can enrich a dog's life, help develop a puppy, and most importantly, TIRE this little devil out.
I wanted to start this daily log so that I can keep track of what I've done each day to make Amaretto's life just a bit more exciting. I also hope to receive some feedback and have good discussions about what else you've done, and what else I can do.
January 26th: ( bad day. She was grumpy and bitey so we couldn't do much.
-Did heeling (2-3 Meters), down, sit, touch, wait training for about 20 minutes throughout the day
-Introduced card board box to try and shape "in the box"
January 27th: GREAT day! Though she was still a bit bitey, we got alot done today!!
- Did 5 minutes of heeling, down, sit, and touch at the park
- Was originally going to shape "in the box", but she had fun tearing it apart
- Hid 1 cup of kibble under plastic basin, cardboard box, and all over the stair for Amaretto to track and eat
- Went to a new park to do some sniffing. There was a HUGE dog park there, but we didn't go in, only barked at dogs from afar.
- Ate dinner kibble (1 cup) out of a treat-ball