I was called a "snob" today ..LOL - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I was called a "snob" today ..LOL

I was walking Kira on her leash in a park today. One of my exercises for Kira, is to have her ignore passerby's, unless I offer the greeting. I don't want her to get anxious every time someone passes her.

So as we were walking, people were passing by and trying to get her attention. As they were doing that, I commanded Kira to "leave it". She turned her head, and continued walking. One couple muttered "snobby b*stard" LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Crowned Member

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 PM

That's funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Master Member

Wouldn't worry about it man, people like that seem to come out of the woodwork when you're working with a GSD
I've had every random comment you can think of muttered at me while out with Rio. Everyone has their own opinion on what they think you should be doing.
Your pup is lovely btw
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
I was walking Kira on her leash in a park today. One of my exercises for Kira, is to have her ignore passerby's, unless I offer the greeting. I don't want her to get anxious every time someone passes her.

So as we were walking, people were passing by and trying to get her attention. As they were doing that, I commanded Kira to "leave it". She turned her head, and continued walking. One couple muttered "snobby b*stard" LOL
Haha, take it as a compliment. A week or two ago some idiot women brought their babies into the dog park (2 children, one about 1 y/o, the other about 2 y/o). (The rule is 10 years old minimum.) Since Bailey has shown some issues with kids so young, I put him in a sit beside the fence as we exited and they were entering. When the kids came up, I just said, don't pet my dog, he will bite. Just trying to be very simple with language so they'd "get it." One of the moms said, "that dog is mean." Maybe she was also just trying to use simple language to communicate with the kids, but as she said it, she was being drug by her boxer or whatever it was....and some other smaller breed out of control dog... and into the park they all went. (ETA: Bailey was an angel; he went right into his sit and stayed there. No problem. What a MEAN dog.)

I only told them he'd bite because I wanted my point to get across and get those kids to back off.... but their mama was not in the least concerned about her little babies approaching a dog she didn't know because she was so busy wrangling that crazy boxer.

Ah well so you're a snobby ******* and my dog is mean. I think we're doing ok in spite of it all.

Last edited by chelle; 12-04-2011 at 09:20 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I thought it was hysterical. LOL

It's also, IMO, one of the most important exercises for us.

We can easily forget just how large and intimidating a GSD can be. I've seen a few dogs walk by, and lunge, and bark, and literally scare the pants off people. I don't want that.

The greatest achievement of the day, was when a man was jogging, and he decided to stop and walk with me, and "talk about GS's". Kira never even looked at him.
I was proud of her.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Elite Member

That's funny!

I always feel bad when I say leave "it" to her when talking about a person, and I always kinda wonder what people think about it. I don't really care, I'm doing what I gotta do to have her not be a pest, but I have always been curious.

~Sasha~{GSD}~ 3ish~Gotcha day January, 29, 2011
~Monte~{Golden Retriever}~ (RIP)~ 1997-2009

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 PM

Well, I guess you could be called worse things....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sofia October 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Obi rescued March 2013

Captain Jack October 2011 - October 2014 (Mesenteric Torsion)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

being a snob is a good thing and it's great having
a dog like Kira so she can be a snob also.

Quote:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
.....One couple muttered "snobby b*stard" LOL
If you'd a follwed that comment with a loud "good girl" it would have been perfect!!! LOL

BH RN CGC TT HD/ED a1 Normal
Dayna von Royale BH FO CGC Therapy Dogs, Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page