baby tooth just hangin on - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

baby tooth just hangin on

Ella is in the middle of teething, has lost and regrown all her top and bottom front teeth and is working hard on her molars - except for one upper front baby tooth. The adult teeth have grown in, this one little tooth is just is front of it. It is sort of loose but still fairly secured (I think, this of course assertained from the rare instance I can stick my hand in her mouth and wiggle her baby teeth!). My question is will it eventually fall out on their own, or is the fact that the adult teeth don't seem to be pushing it out mean that I will have to take her in and have it pulled?
Thanks~

Ella Von Farbenholt, GSD, 5/22/2011
Smonk, Furry Grey Cat, 2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Knighted Member

Give her time to remove it herself, dental extractions are expensive and often unnecessary when it comes to teething pups. Those big front incisors will continue to 'come out' slowly, and eventually a combination of the front teeth pushing and her chewing on something will pop that sucker out. My pup has one on the top incisors too.

SG S-Hunter vom Geistwasser CA CGN TT ATD (Service Dog, Retired Airport Wildlife Control K9)
Zenna vom Geistwasser NTD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2011, 11:20 AM

When my male was a pup. One of his baby canines was holding on for dear life. The adult tooth had already pushed in halfway. I was a little concerned that it might have to be extracted. One of my breeder friends mentioned to me to go get some chews (I believe I got a bully stick). So, I did and that night bam he lost it. Needless to say I was very happy and relieved that he had lost it. =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Tegan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page