Irritated.. very much... trying to do a good job... stupid dog owners... my rant - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Irritated.. very much... trying to do a good job... stupid dog owners... my rant

Ok so I'm not a rocket scientist and I'm not the Dog Whisperer. Conceded. But what is with totally clueless people, seriously. Went to a friend's house to sit around a bonfire tonight. They were babysitting a friend's dog that went camping (um why aren't you taking your dog camping?) and this Basset (male, 4 y/o, neutered) was very dominating over my pup. They thought the dogs should "work it out." Um no. In my eyes, I'm the protector of my pup, he must see me as that and I stepped in - simply using my own body to back him down and he did back down... but seriously.

Earlier in the same night, I took my pup to meet my brother's dog (Aus Shephard, about 2-3 yrs old) and the Aussie was not receptive - not outright mean, but not open at all, chasing the pup back out of the play area... Most likely this was due to jealousy, since the Aussie and another dog in that home (a one year old Boston Terrier, female, spayed) normally play, and my pup was getting the attention of the Boston. All that was said after all of this was that the Aussie was the greatest dog ever and the Boston was "the perfect dog."

The Aussie is a good boy, but not trained, not socialized and hyper as all get out due to lack of the extreme exercise needs he has... the Boston has no training, but does have a very sweet disposition but is controlled by her owner via FEAR - "Come HERE BELLA, Come HERE" all said in a very deep, commanding, scary voice. (and if she doesn't come, she's going to GET IT.)

Guess I'm just pissed off and needing to vent. I've made many dog training mistakes, but damnit it is NOT due to lack of trying to educate myself! I've tried very hard to be well informed, learn much from many sources, try different things!. I learn as I go and I work really hard with my dogs!!!!! What is with these idiotic dog owners - and I hate saying that since they're in my own family!!!???? Thank God they don't look at this forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

don't put your dog in situations with
other dogs that's to much for him for
him to handle. try to find some calmer dogs to play with.
when your pup gets older he want be pushed around.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
don't put your dog in situations with
other dogs that's to much for him for
him to handle. try to find some calmer dogs to play with.
when your pup gets older he want be pushed around.
He won't be around the Aussie again. He plays with the Boston well without the Aussie. Won't be around the Basset either. I didn't let it get to be too much for him. So far he's very dog friendly,,, and I sure want to keep it that way. Was just a frustrating day/evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page