12 week weigh in - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Talking 12 week weigh in

weighed my girl today, tomorrow is her 12 week birthday! so i weighed her today, (weighed myself, then weighed me and her. took the difference)

she weighs..... wait for it..... its coming...... she weighed 23.6 pounds

she is growing up so much. when she was 9 weeks she weighed 14.6!!! what a difference

tell me your weight stories, do you remember how much your pup weighed at 12 weeks?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mar 19, 2011

Prince vom Gildaf "Charles" August 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 AM

I can play! Saphira is 2 days older than your puppy and yesterday she weighed in at a whopping 26.6lbs! She's not exactly a dainty, delicate flower.

I think she weighed a little over 15lbs at 7.5 weeks when she came home.

Ronda
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

They grow in spurts, don't they? Wonder how long you'll be able to weigh her by picking her up and holding her?

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
They grow in spurts, don't they? Wonder how long you'll be able to weigh her by picking her up and holding her?
i don't think i will too much longer! but she loves to be held so i know she will probably be okay with me trying at least :P i think she things she is a lap puppy or something... got the best greeting from her when i got home from work... she is starting to form the real bond with me

, Mar 19, 2011

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda View Post
I can play! Saphira is 2 days older than your puppy and yesterday she weighed in at a whopping 26.6lbs! She's not exactly a dainty, delicate flower.

I think she weighed a little over 15lbs at 7.5 weeks when she came home.

Ronda
you have a big baby huh? how big are her parents. dia's parents are under 70 pounds so she is supposed to be around that size when she gets bigger, if she follows parents. little is better, less food... haha :P

, Mar 19, 2011

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Elite Member

My boy is 17 pounds at 12 weeks based off a vets scale. My home scale wasnt very accurate doing what you did, his weight was higher. Didnt know that until I went to the vet yesterday.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliejujubean View Post
you have a big baby huh? how big are her parents. dia's parents are under 70 pounds so she is supposed to be around that size when she gets bigger, if she follows parents. little is better, less food... haha :P
Her father is listed as 90lbs and when I met him in person, he doesn't look super huge but he has some serious bone and a massive head. Her mother is listed as a medium large and when I saw her in person I would have guessed that she was about 70lbs.

Saphira doesn't look like she's going to weigh that much, you can see a hint of ribs when she moves but you pick her up and she's just solid puppy. When I found out I was getting a female (whole litter turned out to be girls so there went my reserved male ) I just kinda figured she'd be about mom's size and that's fine with me but the little moose seems pretty big for 12 weeks.

Ronda
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda View Post
Her father is listed as 90lbs and when I met him in person, he doesn't look super huge but he has some serious bone and a massive head. Her mother is listed as a medium large and when I saw her in person I would have guessed that she was about 70lbs.

Saphira doesn't look like she's going to weigh that much, you can see a hint of ribs when she moves but you pick her up and she's just solid puppy. When I found out I was getting a female (whole litter turned out to be girls so there went my reserved male ) I just kinda figured she'd be about mom's size and that's fine with me but the little moose seems pretty big for 12 weeks.

Ronda
nothing wrong with a good little female pup i have actually had males my entire life, and i was looking for a female because they are traditionally smaller. so i went looking and lucked out completely. the litter i got her from was 1 male, 7 females. they were 5 weeks old when i found her... and the thing is people put deposits on males, and instead of taking a female, they are waiting for the next litter of pups. so Melinda had 3 extra females that had not been placed yet. I fell in love with her little smile the moment i looked at her picture online. she was originally "gina" vom gildaf, but i wanted to name her diamond (pronounced the German way) so we compromised with gem (had to be litter letters) we just call her dia she is the love of my life now!

I must see pictures when your girl gets bigger..
btw, have you seen that one growth chart that one owner used on their dog zeus, i took out his information the way he said and put my pups, its awesome!!!

-julie

, Mar 19, 2011

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 04:45 PM

i have a female that is same birthdate march 19 as yours, she is 18 lbs.

I keep her lean and mean...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliejujubean View Post
nothing wrong with a good little female pup i have actually had males my entire life, and i was looking for a female because they are traditionally smaller. so i went looking and lucked out completely. the litter i got her from was 1 male, 7 females. they were 5 weeks old when i found her... and the thing is people put deposits on males, and instead of taking a female, they are waiting for the next litter of pups. so Melinda had 3 extra females that had not been placed yet. I fell in love with her little smile the moment i looked at her picture online. she was originally "gina" vom gildaf, but i wanted to name her diamond (pronounced the German way) so we compromised with gem (had to be litter letters) we just call her dia she is the love of my life now!

I must see pictures when your girl gets bigger..
btw, have you seen that one growth chart that one owner used on their dog zeus, i took out his information the way he said and put my pups, its awesome!!!

-julie

Julie,

Haha, I was actually dead set on a male and it never really occured to me that there wouldn't be at least 1! I had the option to move my deposit to another litter but the breeder had advised me to go with this pairing originally and since this was my first working line, I went with his suggestion and decided a female would be just fine. So I went and picked Saphira out of 4 black females and she was a fireball even at 7 weeks. She's a ton of puppy and I've been in tears more than once with her but I can't imagine how boring my life would be without her.

You can see updated pics of her in the Social Saphira goes Shopping thread if you want to see her at 12 weeks.

Post some more pictures of Dia!

Ronda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page