Adventuresome weekend - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Adventuresome weekend

Ava had her 2nd set of vax the other day so this weekend has been full of adventure. Yesterday I took her to tractor supply to get a harness. ( I was going to go to petsmart on the other side of town but there are 4 college graduations on that side of town this weekend..so heck no!!) Anyway...she had a ton of people coming up to her in tractor supply and petting her. Some guy even went out to the car and sent his dad back in to look at her.

Last night I took her for her first walk in our neighborhood. I live basically in a country-type development...we all have 5 acres on a private mountany road. Ava did great!!!! no pulling or tugging. She stayed right beside me like she'd been leash walking forever!! Oh and we had a small tree fall down in our yard from some high winds so I took her over to it and I stepped over it and called her to me and she just jumped right over it. Didnt even sniff it to see what it was!! I was like OMG!! So we did that back and forth for a few minutes!!!

This morning I took her out early for walkies because it's supposed to storm this afternoon. We went thru some mudpuddles from last nights rain, over a wooden bridge, down a dirt embankment, thru some tall grass and over some rocks to a creek. I walked in the creek (slightly above my ankles) and she followed me in to save me lol so she got wet up to her chest. Then of course we had to go thru that whole obstacle course to get back home. The only time she hesitated was going over the bridge. Its a wood plank bridge and its even kinda scary for me.

I am soooo proud of her for how she behaved yesterday and for her adventures this morning. If this is any indication of how she is going to turn out when she gets older, I am stoked!!!!!

Sorry for rambling this morning but I am one proud mamma!!!!

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Knighted Member

I am so happy for you and Ava! It's the beginning of many more adventures for you both

Miss Molly Moo (aka The Piranha/The four legged Mouth) GSD 31/10
Raennik Hassan (Cooper) GSD 19/10/11
Paris Tabby Cat 15 years
Texas Tabby Cat 15 years
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned

oh yeah, isn't it great doing all of
that stuff with the pup. i know
your excitement. it keeps
getting better and better the older the
pup gets.

enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Master Member

I know how you feel. We felt the same way when we were able to let the dogs go places with us. Now if I have to run into the pets store really quick and I don't take the dogs I feel bad... Poor puppies. But it seems with 2 well mannered GSD's everyone wants to stop and talk and pet. Which is good because I can't stand the GSD sterotype that's out there. The more peoples mind change about GSD because of our dogs the better.

Your doing a great job. Keep up the good work!!

-Jamie-

No matter how bad my day has been.... coming home to them makes it all better.

My Kids:
Nellie -3 yr old GSD & Ace -2 yr old GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page