Very attached to me.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Very attached to me....

Not sure if this should go in the behaviour forum or here. Please move if need be.

Anywhoo... Zeva is starting to become totally up my butt and following me around every step. I went to take a shower this morning so I could go to the dr's.. *sinus infection, blahh* and She sat outside the bedroom door and whinnied the whole time. She also does this when I have to do laundry or potty, what ever. When I do walk around the house, she's right on my heels.

Is this because I'm home w/ her all day? She also really doesn't like me leaving and thinks every time i get my coat on, she's coming w/ me. Am I making bad habits w/ her?

Is this normal? She's like MY dog... she loves me the mostest, hubs the 2nd. She loves the kids too, watches them like a hawk. Sadie was attached to me and so was Pepper. Lady would look at me but never followed me around anywhere. She was more my hubs dog and well.. she was just too lazy to do much of anything.

Zeva Female GSD 10/02/2009
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Waiting at the Bridge:
Buddy ~ GSD/Husky mix 1/00
Sadie ~ GSD 10/05
Lady ~ GSD 5/09
Pepper ~ Beagle 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Knighted Member

My dog does the same. Its a GSD thing I think. He will NEVER let me out of his sight or let someone hold his leash & let me walk away. He is VERY well adjusted & confident. He just likes being with his mommy!

Kilo- GSD
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Master Member

My wife says Bear whines when I leave for work at nights. She pouts that the bond isn't the same between Bear and her. Who could blame him, she crates him when she goes to bed, but I get to spring him from jail when I get home in the mornings! We're having a slight problem in OB class with recalls, if one of the trainers holds him, he squirms and whines until she lets him go, but if I put him in a down stay, he'll wait for me to call him and then he'll run right to me. The trainer said he's a Daddy's boy! It's gotta be a "GSD thang" lol

-Kevin-
Roll Tide!
Free food and care to rescues just takes one click a day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bearclaw Von Wiefelspuetz (Bear) - GSD 06-27-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:16 PM

Damian has to be near me all the time, unless we are out in the yard. I leave the door cracked when I take a shower because he always wants to lay down next to the shower, haha. This usually ends with him jumping on the glass because he wants me out of the "dangerous waterfall".
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:19 PM

well I"m surprised she was OUTside the bathroom door, vs INSIDE ))

I have always had clingy (nosey) Gsd's. Masi has been no different, if I'm in the shower, she's laying outside the tub, or occasionally, pushing the curtain back and wants "in")

I wouldn't worry about it, (some find it annoying,) I find it flattering that they want to be with us so much)

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
well I"m surprised she was OUTside the bathroom door, vs INSIDE ))

I have always had clingy (nosey) Gsd's. Masi has been no different, if I'm in the shower, she's laying outside the tub, or occasionally, pushing the curtain back and wants "in")

I wouldn't worry about it, (some find it annoying,) I find it flattering that they want to be with us so much)
I agree, it flatters me too! I love that he wants to be with me 24/7!!

Kilo- GSD
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Well, if I let her in the bedroom, she gets into all of the laundry that I never have time to finish. Her personal fav is socks... doesn't matter who's and if they are clean or dirty.

Socks don't hold a candle to tissues and paper towels.

Or me. Today she was jumping and chewing on me and when she bounced away the last time I heard her chewing on something. I couldn't figure out what it was. I opened her mouth, because I want her to know that I can when ever I want and sometimes need to remove stuff she has in there, and still didn't find anything.

Still, she's chewing... then she spits out one of her canine's lol. Every day this week we've found one of her teeth. She's gonna need dentures soon LOL.

When they get their fangs, THAT'S when they look like big dogs and not puppies.

Waiting at the Bridge:
Sadie ~ GSD 10/05
Lady ~ GSD 5/09
Pepper ~ Beagle 12/09
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Crowned Member

A crate comes in very handy for times like you described above. I would get her use to spending some alone time. It will help her in the long run.
Cool that you got some of her teeth! Usually they swallow them! I was lucky to get a few of Karlo's, too. I have 13 of Onyx's.
I have a sinus ache right now, too-feel your pain.
I just tried to take a nap and had 3 pair of eyes on me the whole time. The whining started in after about 10 minutes, Mom never naps during the day! Oh, well...I love that they want to be around me so much!

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Crowned Member

Better on your heels than under your knee!

Morgan is less velcro than Otto. I'd noticed what I thought was some strange teenage thing with the laundry baskets that he had to get between me and the basket on the stairs.

Nope. I messed up my knee 2 weeks ago and figured out it has nothing to do with the laundry baskets, this dog is constantly stuck to me!!! He keeps pushing on that bad leg - which of course is on my left side - heel position. Ouchies, how is that going to heal up...

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Hahah, last night, she was walking on the heels of my shoes and putting her cold, wet nose in the back of my knees LOL>

DOGS!

Waiting at the Bridge:
Sadie ~ GSD 10/05
Lady ~ GSD 5/09
Pepper ~ Beagle 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page