We are off to The Pinery! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

We are off to The Pinery!

Another Canadian member here recently visited The Pinery and it looked like so much fun that Stark wanted to go too, so we are off for the day (1.5hrs away from us) to do some hiking, swimming (1st time in the lake), meet and greets and just some plain old fun!

Will return with pictures!

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Crowned Member

Re: We are off to The Pinery!

Have a great time! We own a beach condo in the Bend.... We do alot of hiking through the pinery.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Knighted Member

Have fun - wish I was going I would love to see Stark.

Lauralie
Jesse male GSD (Born November 6, 2007) and 3 cats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Jesse's photos from 8 weeks to present and videos too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well, we are home and we have 2 VERY TIRED puppies!

We arrived at The Pinery around 10:00am and just got home a few minutes ago (it's now 7pm).

We spent almost the whole day at the dog beach, it was an AMAZING experience for both the puppies and their mommies!

Senna (the little mix - 20lbs) ran full tilt into the lake and swam out past the Labs and Retrievers.. Haha!

Stark didn't hesitate either and followed Senna right in!

They had fun retrieving sticks and their toys in the water. I was so surprised!

They met alot of other dogs, kids, adults, etc. and even came across a chipmunk (sp?) on our hike!

They did amazing, the only sad thing was that my camera died again so I think it is time for a new one (going out this weekend to buy a new one). I have a couple of photo's on my phone that I will download but not many.

For lunch they had their kibble and of course for desert they needed their ice cream so they each got a kiddie cone of vanilla.. I know, I know.. bad for them, but they enjoyed it and it is a rare treat.

I had am amazing day and very much enjoyed myself as did the dogs.

They have just had their baths, ate their dinner and are now sleeping away!

Tried dogs are good dogs!

*Pics to come!

XX z Weberhaus
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: ozzymamaHave a great time! We own a beach condo in the Bend.... We do alot of hiking through the pinery.
It's beautiful down there!

I have been to Grand Bend many times in my high school and University years but never to The Pinery - it's great!

We didn't get to visit the Dunes, because the pups were exhausted from swimming but we are definitely planning to go back this month and a couple times next month as well.

We should meet up at the dog beach!

I only saw 1 other German Shepherd there - a long haired bi-coloured female who was deaf and so sweet.

There were lots and lots of Retrievers and Labs, even a few Spainels.

There was also a young Saint Bernard there - beautiful dog!

Let me know if you are up for it sometime this summer, I would love to meet your crew!

XX z Weberhaus
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: SherushHave fun - wish I was going I would love to see Stark.
It is a great place to go for both dogs and humans, I really enjoyed myself and so did our crew.

We should definitely do a "Forum playdate" at the dog beach in The Pinery, it's great!

We met so many different dogs and their owners, just a great experience and fun filled, exhausting day.. Haha.

XX z Weberhaus
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Knighted Member

That was me that just came back from the Pinery.

Great dog beach. I loved it. I posted some pictures in the picture section. The days I brought my camera the beach was not crowded. The beach reminded me the beach scene in Marley and Me. The dog beach was the most crowded of all the nine beach areas.

It's really hard to get a campsite at the Pinery. We booked ours in March and didn't get a great one. It's not that far distance wise, but time wise it took us a long time to get there. Speed limits are not that high along the back country roads. I would love to do a forum playdate.

Make sure that you check you puppy for ticks. I discovered one on Dakota a few days after we returned. Also check yourselves for poison ivy. The plants are very healthy there.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I knew it was someone on here.. Haha.

I wish I had taken more pictures but my camera died - so angry about that.

And your right, out of all of the beaches, the dog beach was the crowded.

It was totally empty when we first got there for about an hour (1 other dog who was only there for like 5 minutes) then when we came back from after lunch, it was crowded.

I don't camp.. Haha... Your brave if you do.. I like my bed, my computer, my air conditioning (RIP-other thread to explain), my tub.. Haha.. It's a great place to go for the day, but I definitely am happy to leave.

I gave them each a bath when we got home and didn't see any ticks but will keep searching incase I missed any. Thanks for the reminder - poison ivy - eek!

XX z Weberhaus
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 05:48 PM

Please let me know if you have a pinery date - my guy would love that and we are not too far......
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: puppymammaPlease let me know if you have a pinery date - my guy would love that and we are not too far......
Well, we (my sister and I) are planning to head back next week if the weather is nice, it's been FREEZING up here in Waterloo for the past few days, not beach weather!

If a day next week works best for you, I would love to meet up with you and your guy!

We will more than likely go quite often this summer now that we know about the dog beach, know how to get there, and the weather cooperates!

Let me know!

XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page