Dog bites lover boy. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Dog bites lover boy.

This escalated rather quickly. Title says don't kiss a guard dog. I say don't kiss any dog. Wish I knew the back story on this. And I wish the camera person kept it on the dog. Also wish I knew why someone was laughing so.
https://youtu.be/bqpRRGo-cuc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 11:20 PM
Banned

Holy Crap ... that was fast and sudden! I guess that was a hard lesson learned! Most likely not his dog????
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 11:37 PM
Master Member

The signs are there from our angle. The handler maybe couldn't see it. The dog didn't seem comfortable with the man over him and once he put his hand on his neck and attempted to kiss the dog that put him over the edge. I'm betting this is a dog with some behavioral issues and they were working on them. Idk why he thought this was a good idea. I can't figure out why that lady is laughing in the background tho.

This kind of reminds me of that police dog that snapped at the reporter - you can find that on YouTube pretty easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Yep, from our angle the signs were clear. The person laughing was probably like he's gonna bite you. Trainer was probably like bull**** I am the alpha he knows that. She's like he's gonna bite you. Then he bit him. She's like hahaha how's that alpha thing working.
I have seen that reporter being bitten also. Both are good videos to watch from an educational point of view.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Crowned Member

that was a redirect --- dog had probably been in a training session which had just finished .

dog still sitting in precision heel position -- so still keyed up

there is another dog running free.

you have to be super fast in freezing the frames to catch this .

pause at the very very beginning -- the trainer has something in his right hand and he is paying attention to the device

I would say that a training session has just ended -- man pleased - other trainer or handlers in room - probably more footage , other perspectives of this training session .

so man probably wants to take a selfy after session

he is distracted

but there is another dog running loose , in that frame , directly behind him

the dog beside the handler is distracted , focused on this other dog

man swings his right hand across chest -- the dog behind him , which looked like it would
have come forward to contact -- but dashes off

when the other dog moves away "his" dog looses some of his body rigidity , body tension

man focused on the other dog

notice though that while man is focusing on other dog -- his dog has changed body posture
tense again , rubber neck - focusing on something to his left near distance

now I think man was pleased , possibly relieved , with his dogs self control and gets all human and
gives him and embrace and a peck

dog is hyper stimulated -- with or without a reason -- can't cap and so at that moment he goes hair trigger
and discharges on nearest target

all this within the frames from 00 to 07

I don't believe that there is a she -- that is hysterical nervous laughter -- a guy
Chip18 and Sunsilver like this.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

I could be wrong but sounds like a girl laughing. I also thought that the dog just got pissed. When the guy wraps arm around dog and leans in the dog shows teeth then turns and bites.
The device in his hand at the very beginning is a toy. Second dog stops and waits for the toy. Trainer throws toy. Dog chases toy. Dog in sit notices toy and other dog chasing, looks at something to his left even tilts head slightly to focus for just a second. Guy wraps his left arm around dog dog tenses up then then trainer leans in to give the dog a kiss. Dog says you crossed the boundary and attacks him. Not a redirect. Dog bites then turns to follow through. Put your cursor on the time bar at the six second mark and let it play to nine seconds then click mouser to replay from six second mark.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 03:50 PM
Crowned Member

In the comments section of the video someone wrote:
Okay people here's what happened. This man didn't get bit because of a "kiss." He got bit simply because he touched the dog's neck much like he was going in for a choke hold, which guard dogs are trained to react to. Never touch a dogs neck the way this man did.

Is that a plausible explanation?
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshepherds View Post
In the comments section of the video someone wrote:
Okay people here's what happened. This man didn't get bit because of a "kiss." He got bit simply because he touched the dog's neck much like he was going in for a choke hold, which guard dogs are trained to react to. Never touch a dogs neck the way this man did.

Is that a plausible explanation?
That makes sense to me, in effect it was a trained repose??? In effect the dog started to relax and then ... Oh ... I'm back on deck?? So not a response "Out of the Blue" as it were??

I'd have to say that seems like it would be a muzzled required for vet visit dogs or is that just a given for bite trained dogs??? Or do you just find vets with lighting quick reflexes ... I don't know???
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Knighted Member

This video was discussed at length in one of my animal facebook groups. Apparently this guy trains guard dogs to target the face and neck. Not shoulders and upper arms like lots of Ring videos. Literally the face and neck, complete with bite protection.

So, why did the dog go for his face?
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Crowned Member

too many incidents that are known about where keyed-malinois lash out with much collaterol damage.
including other officers and nearby citizens - sometimes just traveling through a crowd

that includes local LE who spent time and money settling wrongful bites -- so no more Mals

I don't buy the "training" thing --
sit,stay likes this.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in