Alex-11 months-any comments? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Alex-11 months-any comments?

I got Alex from a family in NC that could not handle him. So I have no idea about his lines. Any comments his build would be much appreciated! Hopefully these pictures are good enough. Thanks!

Missing Alex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Alex-11 months-any comments?

My, what big ears you have

Oh, did you want some other kind of comment!??!
Nice young blk/tan male. Still very puppyish in his build. Seems to have good proportions for his age. A bit tall and gangly.... has he been neutered already?

If I guessed, I would say an American byb line mix. However... could very well be part working lines. His face/expression remind me a bit of my boy Domingo. I would not say showlines of either type.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

gagsd_pup1 thanks for the comment !! haha. He does have big ears. He is still filling out and is very puppyish. He is neutered.
The original owner's made it sound like it was some kind of byb especially since he isn't registered. NC seems to be notorious for that.
Alex has a great temperment though. He does so great with other dogs, he loves to play (if they are willing he is respectful of a grump). He does really well with people also, he can be a little hesitant of kids but he did awesome at the dock dogs event this weekend that we went to watch when some kids came up to see him.

Missing Alex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Crowned Member

He'll grow into those ears - at that age my girl had ears that were way too big for her head. She didn't look normal until she was almost 2!

I also think he's an american/working line cross. The shape of his head looks american to me but his body is very square (good thing in my opinion)

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Crowned Member

Did he get a chance to dock dive?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Unfortunately no he didn't get to dock dive. I wanted to so bad! He loves the water, he goes after the frisbee into the bay here by my house. I think he would be awesome at it. But I wasn't familiar with the rules enough. Anyone have experience? I guess you can just sign up and try it. He is obsessed with the frisbee I think he would jump pretty far to get it.
It is so interesting to hear what you guys think his lines are. He is very fixated and focused. I am glad you think he has a good square head, it is pretty hard by the way, especially when it collides with a human head haha.
I would like to do some Schutzhund and protection training with him. I have worked on tracking with him on my own. We do have a search and rescue group here, but I am not sure that that is what I want to focus on with him. He loves 'finding' things and people though. I love my Australian Shepherd, but I am convinced after getting Alex, that German Shepherds could be one of the most adaptable breed out there.

Missing Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page