how's her conformation? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

how's her conformation?

This is my 15 week old puppy, Lucy. What do you think of her?

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
Fancy Me Deuce (Tedy) APHA gelding
Purple Haze Nirvana AQHA mare
Trooper rescue kitty and senior fur kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Crowned Member

Re: how's her conformation?

Very small photos, but I love her rear angulation, her shoulder, her bone, her head, her topline, she looks just wonderful. Proportions seem just right, angles just right, tail maybe could be longer but she is a beaut! You should be proud to own her! Is she a working prospect? Will you show her in the German shows to get rated? What are her lines?

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

The best thing about her is her temperment. She's awesome- confident, tolerant and as easygoing as they come. Nothing rattles her.
I'm so ignorant I don't know how to answer the question about her lines, so I'll give you the info from her papers. Her dam is Contessa Vom Kraftwerk and her sire is Boris Van Kraftwerk. I met both these dogs and they are wonderful. Their parents are working Schutzund dogs. Does that help? I have a three generation pedigree if you need more names- again, sorry for my ignorance.
My plan for her is to take obedience as far as we can. I need to learn all about the German shows- I want to join a breed club but am just a little out in the middle of nowhere- I drive 90 minutes for puppy class once a week. But I do feel like she has potential, and I want to take it as far as we can.

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Crowned Member

Huh, tried to look them up in the GSD pedigree database but can't find either the sire nor dam. But I guess this means she's a Kraftwerk dog! She looks like a beaut and I hope she is everything you want from a dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

My breeder got the pair directly from Kraftwerk.
I will look up the names further back and see what I can learn.

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Crowned Member

Ahhhhh gotcha! Interesting! Keep us posted on her progress and get some better photos up.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Contessa's parents
Cruger the Boom Vom Kraftwerk
Maika Vom Thielenhof

Boris's parents

Rabauke Vom Braunschweiger Wappen
Hanni Vom Guzzi-Stall

Looks like everybody in the pedigree is titled. I really don't understand what it all means but it can't be a bad thing, right?

Lisa
Owned by:
Lucina v Dare, GSD
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Crowned Member

ou have a SUPER puppy! Very good bloodlines, intelligent, healthy. Strong bones on her-- beautiful girl. I love her head and expression!

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:I really don't understand what it all means but it can't be a bad thing, right?
Unless you find your pup a full time job, it'll be a bad thing.... but in a very good way. You are going to have your hands FULL! She has great potential, that's for sure. Consider schutzhund, please?

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Crowned Member

The above photos don't do squat for justice. I saw a larger version of the last posted photo, and my goodness- the bone and the paws are amazing. If her ability will be anything like her structure, she'll be a heck of a dog.

And yes, schutzhund. Please?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page