What do you think... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

What do you think...

Here are some pics of my GSD Panzer. The pedigree is a real mix . After E-Mails and research, I found that he is about 1/2 working lines and a mix of High lines and about 15% Am. Bred.
I would like him to be within the GSD standard from a conformation standpoint. The Ht. is 251/2 wt. 74lb. He is 9mo. old this week. I know these pics are not the best to make judgments.
I am pleased with the temperment of this dog . I have had some fear stage issues. He seems to have conquered or grown out of them with the help of socialization.
What do you think of his conformation in rel;ation to the standard.
I find that the breeders were outcrossing to Working lines again and again. Who knows why?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Re: What do you think...

I should say that my Who knows why? was not meant to be a question. Out crosses are done for a number of reasons. I thought some of us would be interested in and be curious about the mix in this dog. I might also say that this boy has very high prey drive. He heals off leash and sits and stays on command. Lays down on command and will come at a furious pace when called. It helps to have his favorite treat in my pocket though lol. it is velveta cheese cut into little chunks.
Thanks,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to EastGSD

Greg I think he is beautiful. He looks a lot like a few of the puppies out of my mix litter What lines is he a mix of?

Head and sex characteristics are awesome. Color could be better but bone and coat look great. He has a nice width of thigh but does lack a little angulation in the rear and is a bit more upright there than typically seen in any line. Love his shoulder, feet, earset and expression....very nice fellow

Cherri

owned by:

GSDs
Emma and her GerMercian kid
Tobe

And Doxies' Abby and Charlie my Service dude
and Stan and Castor the parrots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

EastGSD, Thanks for the compliments. The angulation is not up to show standards. Looks more like 50s 60s type I think. No show dog here and he probably would not be outstanding in protection either because of the mixed breeding. He is a handsome fellow though and perhaps the mix of genes will provide good health.
He is by far the most trainable dog I have owned. He is a very happy fellow. Really nice pet for my family.
Wow! That flying trot pic of your dog is beautiful. What a looker he his.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 06:23 AM

Hows it going greg. So how old is panzer now?

He's a real pretty boy but of course he looks just like my dog carmail.

Carmail Wolf my first GSD.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shine Rest in peace.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page