Ruby at 10 Months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Ruby at 10 Months

This is Ruby's most recent shot. Other than the glaring obvious coat lengh and color, what do you all think of her (Her rear foot is also camped out too far )

And just because he's cute - I havent been able to get a solid stack shot of him because he doesnt sit still, Leo :

~Cate

PS - both images are courtesy of Hal Davis, DaBro Photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 PM

Re: Ruby at 10 Months

Beautiful dog. I have a 10 month old Ruby too!

Lorraine
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Crowned Member

Love her. One, please!

My UNprofessional, INexperienced assessment: She is a bit long in the loin. I like her shoulder but I think it could still be better. Wonderful, feminine head, love her expression, good ear proportions, tail set is high, croup is very short, pasterns look good, hocks look solid and of good length, angulation is sufficient (I like her angulation), pigment looks pretty solid, feet could be tighter. I do wish her head was a teensy bit larger. Nice, dark eyes. Love that tail. It really looks like her ribcage is shorter than it should be. How old is she again?

If you ever find you can't keep her, you know where to find me.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

lol - I'll keep you in mind

The ribcage probably has more to do with my inability to cut my hideous self out of the picture O.o Here's the original :

(It was a UKC show....no competition, kinda woowoo...but they put BOB (WS) on there anyway...O.o Oh well...it would mean more if she actually went against another dog...but those are hard to come by down here O.o And she hasnt a chance until she matures in group)

She comes from late maturing lines - I dont imagine she'll finish filling out until she is about three years old...right now she's scrawny and gangly O.o

But she's starting to play well so it's okay

~Cate

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Crowned Member

Love it love it love it! I had no idea you cropped yourself out of the photo, nice skills, but I can't imagine why you'd do it! Love those deep grips. What's your club saying so far about her potential to title and do well in SchH? Hope she does well! Technically, what is her breed/what is she shown as- Berger Blanc Suisse? White shepherd? GSD?

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

um...all of the above? lol - she's a BBS since she's from Holland but she is also registered in the UKC as a WS...accroding to ARBA she is a WGSD.

As far as her potential...she was a little touch and go at first - but everyone's been really impressed with her improvement - she's a slow mover for sure...but she's doing really well now...the initial goal of coarse is the BH...but in the long run I'd like to pu a SchH1 on her Those last two pictures were taken while she was in heat - and she's shown a marked increase in drive over the last couple of weeks...so I think her head is starting to mature some too

The male pup I bought has more drives than her - and I am hoping to go to higher levels with him. If she clears her health, then I hope to take her back to one of the SchHIII titled males in Europe.

I cropped myself out because she is soooo much prettier than me...and my hair...gawd my hair was bad!

~Cate
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

A slightly streated female with a very nice expression. Flat withered, but otherwise a very good topline with an excellent croup. She looks balanced with no extremes. Good to very good angulation front and back. Excellent pigment and very good feet.

Great that you want to title her.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 11:57 AM
"I like Daffy" Moderator

Pretty dog. Could use more front angle, but the upper arm has good length to it. The croup seems to be a little short. Love the broad thigh. Nice ratio of hieght to length.

Good luck with her.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Master Member

Nice!!

Melissa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page