what do the experts think? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

what do the experts think?

Not the best stack in the world, but what can you tell me? I know she's not an average looking Shepherd by any means. She's from german working lines. She's tall at nearly 26inches. Oh and she just turned 2yrs in November.

proudly owned and loved by

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Freyja -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

always and forever
from this life to the next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 PM

Re: what do the experts think?

My expert opinion....

She's purty.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 AM

Love her face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy

She's beautiful. Her structure reminds me a lot of my mixed breed, actually. Strikingly similar. Especially in the body.

I'm no expert, but here goes. Very moderate female who's very square. Pasterns are a bit too straight and she has a steep upper arm. Hind angulation looks good but isn't extreme enough to win in the showring (AKC or FCI). Nice tight feet and short hocks. Very steep croup. I'd like to see a smoother topline and she has a break right behind her shoulders. Beautiful head with nice, short ears. Excellent pigment.

~Jamie~
Risa W-FDM/MF RA RL1 (AoE) CA CGC WCX

(Risa's Blog)

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Feminine, square and very dark female. High withers with dip behind withers, slightly roachy over the loin and a VERY steep croup. Good angulation in front and sufficient in rear. She looks very athletic though with the structure more of a runner than a trotter. Are you working her?

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Okay, well I updated the pic above with something of a wee bit better stack. Shows her length better I think, plus added a more detailed pic of her head. I personally see her as the most beautiful shepherd in the world, but of course I'm very biased.

She's very athletic, LOVES to run run run. She takes after a tennis ball like a bullet being shot from a gun. She's very fast when she wants to be. Sometimes I joke that she's got some greyhound hidden away inside her, (she is purebred).

As of right now I'm not working her in anything. And as far as schutzhund, I don't ever plan on it. However I would love to get her into agility or something like that, as soon as I can get rid of some of my debt. Maybe as soon as this summer (crossing my fingers).

And thank you for your opinions, It's nice to know what other people see.

Freyja -

always and forever
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

oh yeah, I almost forgot to note that in this picture it shows a steep rise in the loin, just past the rib cage. She's not anorexic, she had her belly shaved a few months back, and it still hasn't grown in completely. So thats just her fur. Vet says my baby is it great condition as far as weight goes.

Freyja -

always and forever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page