• 1 Post By Thecowboysgirl
  • 3 Post By dogfaeries
  • 1 Post By dogfaeries
  • 1 Post By Kellnhaus
  • 1 Post By dogfaeries

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

7 Week Structure

Pup is 7 weeks, ASL, wanting to show. Can you give me your opinions on structure please as I'm still learning?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7 weeks.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	517805  
MineAreWorkingline likes this.

Last edited by Kellnhaus; 02-04-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Add
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Crowned Member

Maybe @dogfaeries can give you some feedback?
Kellnhaus likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Hey! Pretty puppy! I'm basically terrible at looking at a photo and giving a critique. I can look at a bunch of puppies on the ground, and point out "the one". Probably why I'm not a breeder, lol. Anyway, I sent your photo to a breeder friend, who has my Scarlet's sire. This is her reply:

"She will show. Canít tell how she moves, but she looks like she should. I donít like the long pastern, but hey it has not held my dogs back. Nice top line, long neck, good feet. Little hard to distinguish the shoulder, but with the prosternum protrusion I think it will have good angles. Iíd like to see a little more round in the stifle but that may come with age. If she can move, Iíll say sheíll finish. Sometimes changes as they grow will stop them from being a good show dog, but having it there early to start with is a big help."

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:41 PM

What is her temperament like?

Scarlet has always been very bold and feisty, which has been a plus in the ring. Carly was confident, but got bored easily, so her handler had to play with her in the ring. Sage was silly. One judge told my handler about her "that's the silliest puppy I've ever seen". Haha.
ksotto333 likes this.

~ Diane ~

and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks dogfaeries! Breeder wasn’t able to send video but said she is a very confident pup and not bossy. Hoping that translates well to the ring. A professional handler who handles her full adult sister very successfully (and may handle this pup in the future) says she moves well and has a great personality. Fingers crossed. We pick her up tomorrow.
dogfaeries likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

And I noticed the pasterns... hoping I can work on that but the sire and dam both were beyond that 20• angle, although not to the 36•. I’d say closer to 28/30•
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Sire is a Am GCH and Can Ch and dam is Am and Can Sel Ch. Sisters are also getting titles and one is top female GSD in Canada last year with Am RBIS Can Ch already at 22 months. Hoping we’ve stacked the deck in our favour in terms of genetic structure to do well in showing haha.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:46 PM

Iím excited to hear how she does!

Youíll have to keep us updated on her journey. Just remember to have fun, and make it fun for her. I love the whole dog show experience. Right now Iím sitting on a naked dog in heat, and itís time to start finding majors. Thatís the part thatís not fun, lol.
Sabis mom likes this.

~ Diane ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page