This is Miika - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

This is Miika

I am finally getting a pictures of my puppies to be critiqued. I did my best at the stack and let my friend take the picture, but he really didn't know what to look for in a correct stack. I know she is over stretched in the rear. I thought she did pretty well as I had never tried stacking her (or Kiisa in the earlier thread) before. I am confident that you all can evaluate her anyway.

This is Miika at about five years old. I'm pretty sure her dam was of American lines (black and red/tan), and was told her sire was an East German sable. She was out of an oops breeding. I got her at about 12 weeks and was her third home after she left her mom.

What else about her...
She helps me with my Mom who has dementia
She broke her pelvis at about 2 years old so I try to keep her from overdoing it
Good nose Good prey drive
Likes to be the fun police, thinks she is the chief
HIGH food drive, LOL
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Miika and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kiisa's Mom

BlueBelle and Beau (sister cats) and 3 Arabians
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Bumping Miika’s Critique Request

Perhaps I am just impatient, but I was hoping to have at least one critique by now. I have been wanting to do this post for quite a while, I need to be on a computer and not my phone to properly post pictures, and was quite excited to hear what everyone had to say.

Still nothing 😞

Did I post incorrectly?

Do I need a better photo?

I bumped Kiisa’s too so the posts are going to read the same. I did separate posts for each of them so there would be no confusion.

Miika and
Kiisa's Mom

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miika's Mom View Post
I am finally getting a pictures of my puppies to be critiqued. I did my best at the stack and let my friend take the picture, but he really didn't know what to look for in a correct stack. I know she is over stretched in the rear. I thought she did pretty well as I had never tried stacking her (or Kiisa in the earlier thread) before. I am confident that you all can evaluate her anyway.

This is Miika at about five years old. I'm pretty sure her dam was of American lines (black and red/tan), and was told her sire was an East German sable. She was out of an oops breeding. I got her at about 12 weeks and was her third home after she left her mom.

What else about her...
She helps me with my Mom who has dementia
She broke her pelvis at about 2 years old so I try to keep her from overdoing it
Good nose Good prey drive
Likes to be the fun police, thinks she is the chief
HIGH food drive, LOL
give it time they will come-did you say there are 3 Arabians?as in the horse as well? I love them and had one(polish) when I was younger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:53 AM
Master Member

I'm more into working ability than conformation, but also want a nice looking dog. Your dog's conformation looks fine. The main fault that jumps out at me is that her pigment is on the fading side and could be much stronger. This is even more so for the photo of your other dog.

Last edited by Chip Blasiole; 11-30-2018 at 07:56 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Nice looking female with good withers, good topline, good placement of a croup that could be longer. Good underline. Sufficient angulation front and rear with straight pasterns and good feet. Nice dark face. Her color is OK, but she does have some rather light (fading) points.

Sorry it took so long. I forgot.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojoson41 View Post
give it time they will come-did you say there are 3 Arabians?as in the horse as well? I love them and had one(polish) when I was younger.
Yes, I am down to three. Have had them since conception. CMK bred. Two will be 30 in the spring, the other will be 17.

Seems a lot of GSD folks had horses (particularly Arabs) along with or before the GSDs! 🏻

Miika and
Kiisa's Mom

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your comments thus far 😁. Yep, hoping for more. Greedy that way.

I don’t have a good eye for such things, but always loved Miika’s structure and am also partial to her paws 🐾 (I know, I’m a bit odd).

I hope my next GSD is like her in structure, nerve, independence, drive and most other ways.

Miika and
Kiisa's Mom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page