Eska - conformation photos - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Eska - conformation photos

Lisa told me to start my own thread, so here goes!

First two pics are at 2 years. Puppy photo was taken around 5 months of age

I'm afraid I haven't been able to get a decent stacked photo of her as a mature dog. Like I said, it takes 3 people, and I don't have any friends who are dog people. When I go to training, everyone's too busy to help! I did try once during the summer, but the guy holding the camera had never taken conformation photos before, and they were pretty much a bust...

Pedigree: Eska von den Roten Vorbergen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2288_crop.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	477114  
Attached Images

Aly, tim_s_adams and Kairo's Dad like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 01:23 AM
Knighted Member

Can't wait to hear the critique, she's a very beautiful dog!
Sunsilver likes this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain

Tim
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:29 PM

Very striking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Crowned Member

She's lovely!

When are her puppies due? (Eska von den Roten Vorbergen X Komet Von Wolfstraum)

Moms
Sunsilver likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Aly
Master Member

No critique here, hope the experts weigh in for you. I think she's a lovely feminine girl; very typey, love the layback on her shoulder and her topline @ 5 months, and she's my favorite color! I'll take her off your hands...

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Mom, I still don't have the pregnancy confirmed. I will likely ask for a relaxin test this week. If she is pregnant, the due date will be sometimes around August 10th.

I really need to get someone in here to do a critique! Any volunteers? I've been waiting since February!!
Sabis mom likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

lhczth/Lisa, back in February, you said you'd do a conformation critique on Eska if I started a new thread. Well, here it is...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Crowned Member

I am by far NOT an expert in conformation - but she is a lovely female, great expression, beautiful head....nice mover, and impeccable temperament! I really really liked her when we met. (and so did Komet!)

Lee
mnm likes this.

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Well of COURSE Komet liked her...she was in season!

Thank you. I think she has really nice structure: nothing exaggerated, no glaring faults like a curly tail or weak pasterns no roached back like the German show lines. When I first saw her 8 week puppy photo, I said, "WOW! What a beautiful pup! Now, that's what a GSD SHOULD look like!

I would like to see better movement - the ASL show breeder who boards my dogs for me when I go away says he's seen chihuahuas with a longer stride! But then, we are looking for totally different things in our dogs. I've never told him my opinion of HIS dogs - he probably would never speak to me again if I did!
wolfstraum and Sabis mom like this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

One thing that impresses me about her temperament is her resilience. She is rather sensitive, but by no means soft. She may react to something - pain or a new object - but she springs back quickly. For instance, when they brought that rolling table in for the breeding, she had never seen anything like that before, and she retreated underneath my chair. A short time later, she was sniffing it, then when I told her 'hup!' she jumped up on it. By the time the vet came in, she was lying down on it, totally relaxed!

I used to have a female rescue that was a bit of a butthead. I sometimes said you had to hit her upside the head with a 2x4 just to get her attention (not that I ever would!) She was a great dog in many ways: would protect our house and car for real, smart as a whip, very fast and agile, great nose for tracking. But handler sensitive? Nope. If she didn't want to do something, the wheels would start turning, as she tried to figure out a way of avoiding what you'd asked.

I'll take the sensitivity, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page