Spectre, 5 months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Spectre, 5 months

This is Phantom vom Wildhaus, call name Spectre. We're only just learning to stack, I tried a couple times when she was younger, but these are the first pictures after actively training it for a week. She still needs a bit before I'm going to be able to take my hands off her, so for now there's going to be quite a bit of head dipping! But she's getting there!

So, any suggestions on how the **** to see where to put her front feet? haha! The rear end I can tell pretty well, we're just working on standing still so it's not perfect. But I am having SUCH a hard time seeing where the front end is supposed to be while I'm standing over her, and all the pictures showing how to do it I've seen are from the side.

Also, I was thinking of showing her in the UKC, probably in the altered category since she'll be spayed once her growth plates fuse. Just for fun, but do you think she'd be a good fit? Thanks!

-Vicky

Buddy, rescue husky, 2-1-02
Phantom vom Wildhaus, "Spectre", 12-19-14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Crowned Member

Not an expert in stacking-but her front feet should be straight under her-also not an expert is critiquing-she has a pretty head-I like her-I have been told that UKC would be a good venue to show a working dog-also think showing would be fun. I took a handling class and really enjoyed it-which surprised me
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 01:40 AM

Hi, Wolfenstein
i can critique now however it will be much better when stacked properly.
always stack front first and back last.
She is only a pup and will change heaps, but she does have nice dark eyes, great pigment and good ear set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Whoops, forgot to come back to this thread! haha Thanks for the input! So, where exactly should her front legs BE, though? I understand that her legs should be straight underneath, but is there a good way to tell what that looks like from the top down when you're positioning the dog?

-Vicky

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 10:26 AM
Master Member

When I was learning to stack for our seiger show I was told to gently pick him up by the collar, place him back down and that will set the front.

Courtney M.
SG1
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, BH 07/01/2013
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! Maybe while I'm teaching her, I'll work on that first and just minimally do the back end until she has the front end down. It's a major accomplishment for this girl to ever hold still, so I'm fine breaking it down into baby steps, haha! Once we've worked on it a bit I'll get some more pictures and see if we're hitting it in the right spot.

-Vicky

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Elite Member

She's beautiful!!!!

Izzy's Mom
R.I.P. 11-8-2000 - 10-27-2013
You will always be in my heart
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beverly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page