Curious about critique.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Question Curious about critique....

I have seen several posts for critiques. I was just curious how you all would evaluate my 7.5 month old.... I know this may not be the proper positioning but I am not sure how to get that from her?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140914_173135 (2).jpg
Views:	232
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	239770  

Kimberly
Athena d.o.b. 02/01/2014
Eden d.o.b. 03/15/2014

There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or closing the book.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Lol or not...

Kimberly
Athena d.o.b. 02/01/2014
Eden d.o.b. 03/15/2014

There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or closing the book.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Knighted Member

You have to place most dogs in a stack and tell them to STAY. Some GSD's will naturally walk into a stack when they stop walking or are told to HALT.

Bear, Anna, Molly, Ossie, and The Countess Lisl von Schlaf

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:51 AM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

There just aren't very many people on the forum who can give a proper critique, may have to wait a bit.

Meanwhile, I would try to get a better pic - out of the shadows, standing on level ground, feet visible, looking forward instead of the camera, if you can.

A proper critique may shoot down my comment, but from the little I know, he has a nice level top with flat withers (flat withers is a fault - the smooth level back is not. ). The croup could curve down some more (he is built like a box). Very nice TIGHT feet (a plus!), nice pasterns. Looks to me like he could have more angulation in the rear, but it could be just how he is standing. A proper stack would help.

Big blocky head on him, strong masculine features.

He is still in the young teen wonky stage, so his conformation may still change as he grows up.

For stacking, most people just physically move the dog's legs into the position they want and tell them to stay/stand. Put a toy or treat on a chair in front of him out of the picture to get him to look and focus ahead.

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
There just aren't very many people on the forum who can give a proper critique, may have to wait a bit.

Meanwhile, I would try to get a better pic - out of the shadows, standing on level ground, feet visible, looking forward instead of the camera, if you can.

A proper critique may shoot down my comment, but from the little I know, he has a nice level top with flat withers (flat withers is a fault - the smooth level back is not. ). The croup could curve down some more (he is built like a box). Very nice TIGHT feet (a plus!), nice pasterns. Looks to me like he could have more angulation in the rear, but it could be just how he is standing. A proper stack would help.

Big blocky head on him, strong masculine features.

He is still in the young teen wonky stage, so his conformation may still change as he grows up.

For stacking, most people just physically move the dog's legs into the position they want and tell them to stay/stand. Put a toy or treat on a chair in front of him out of the picture to get him to look and focus ahead.
Thanks for your response ... I will try for a better pic. I had to laugh though, she's a female. I have always said she is built very male-ish... LOL She also a big girl that comes from fairly big parents. She is around 80 pounds now and 7.5 mos old.

Kimberly
Athena d.o.b. 02/01/2014
Eden d.o.b. 03/15/2014

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelE View Post
You have to place most dogs in a stack and tell them to STAY. Some GSD's will naturally walk into a stack when they stop walking or are told to HALT.

Thanks for responding... I will try for a better pic I had just snapped this one while we were outside and thought I would see what others thought about her build.

Kimberly
Athena d.o.b. 02/01/2014
Eden d.o.b. 03/15/2014

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Young female with flat withers, OK topline and croup, but the croup needs to be longer. Good angulation front and rear, she appears balanced. Good bone, good pasterns and feet. Big head, eyes are light for my taste and I would like to see richer color, but may improve with age.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
Young female with flat withers, OK topline and croup, but the croup needs to be longer. Good angulation front and rear, she appears balanced. Good bone, good pasterns and feet. Big head, eyes are light for my taste and I would like to see richer color, but may improve with age.
Croup needs to be longer... is that due to her stance? Flat withers? is that an age thing? is it significant outside of the show ring?

I am hopiing she grows into the head... lol

What do you mean eyes are light? color?

Sorry for all the stupid questions I am still learning... and thank you for your response..

Kimberly
Athena d.o.b. 02/01/2014
Eden d.o.b. 03/15/2014

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
Young female

I don't know why I was thinking it was a male, LOL! I apologize to the owner.

And Lisa's critique is the one to listen to, she is the one who knows a lot about conformation.

Lucia

2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
I don't know why I was thinking it was a male, LOL! I apologize to the owner.

And Lisa's critique is the one to listen to, she is the one who knows a lot about conformation.
No offense taken... she is more handsome than pretty.. lol

Kimberly
Athena d.o.b. 02/01/2014
Eden d.o.b. 03/15/2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page