Hannah - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Hannah

Ok so I got her papers back and was looking up stuff on a online pedigree database some info but none of the up close stuff
don't break your neck trying to read them it wont let me rotate them

a couple pics from today she isn't to interested in stacking yet I will get better ones in a bit she is just 16 weeks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Elite Member

I have no idea on the pedigree, but love her coloring.

GSD/Dinozzo (A.K.A. SG Jocose vom Mittelwest); Cats: R.I.P. Xena & Zora; Ferrets/Falkor, Draco, Drogon
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Banned

I should dissapoint you a little - CKC is not a serious registry. Do you intend to breed your dog? If not - forget about all of this. Is this picture recent? She looks a bit younger than 6 months. She looks like purebred working line GSD, the only way to test her capacities is to go to the school with her. Working line GSDs normally are very quick learners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM

She's 16 weeks old. That's 4 months.

Pretty girl!

David Winners

When a dog saves the life of a man, it becomes clear that partnership knows no bounds.

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RIP)
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert / Mobility SD (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
Hank - DW Dog (Cane Corso)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:34 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

The problem with CKC (continental) registration, is that you can't trust it to be accurate - data is not checked, anyone can fill in names on the paperwork and send in their money to get a pedigree. Often used by puppy-mills and people breeding non-registered dogs. People have posted CKC pedigrees on the forum for feedback, and the pedigree was obviously fabricated as some members knew some of the dogs in the pedigree and knew that such matings never took place.

Who registered her? She is not black & silver, but 100% sable, and very nice looking at that! Have fun with her!

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:42 PM
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Upon looking at the pedigree a bit closer, I'm sorry to say that I believe that Hannah's pedigree is also fabricated.

Sadie Sue Underhill is listed as a sable, while Sadie Sue's parents are both listed as Black/Tan/Red. Two Black and Tans/Red CANNOT produce a sable pup. Physical impossibility - unless the pedigree is wrong about the coloring of the Sadie Sue's parents.

Same for Hannah's parents, both being listed as Black and Tan - Unless one of them was really sable instead, just as Hannah is.

Did you meet Hannah's parents? Seen pics of them? What colour did they look like?

Lucia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2009-2018

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? 2004-2015
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Crowned Member

By the papers there, she was born 8/5/2013, with 31 days in august and 30 days in september, that's 61-5+31 days for October, plus 15 days in November. Which makes her 102 days old. which is 14 weeks and 4 days. 13 weeks is 3 months. And, that puppy looks about 3 months old. Sometimes it feels like pups should be older than they are. She has a ways to go before he is 4 months. Well, December 5th to be exact, 20 days. That is nothing to us, but considering the growth and maturity of puppies, it can make a difference in our expectations for them and their behavior, and training ability.

Congrats on the new puppy. Play with her. Have lots of fun with her. She's a baby.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
Upon looking at the pedigree a bit closer, I'm sorry to say that I believe that Hannah's pedigree is also fabricated.

Sadie Sue Underhill is listed as a sable, while Sadie Sue's parents are both listed as Black/Tan/Red. Two Black and Tans/Red CANNOT produce a sable pup. Physical impossibility - unless the pedigree is wrong about the coloring of the Sadie Sue's parents.

Same for Hannah's parents, both being listed as Black and Tan - Unless one of them was really sable instead, just as Hannah is.

Did you meet Hannah's parents? Seen pics of them? What colour did they look like?
Even in AKC, if I as the breeder did not recognize a sable, and listed it as black and red, that is what would be listed. The AKC does not send around the color-police when they issue the papers. And, unfortunately, a lot of people can mix up a patterned sable for a black and tan.

I'm not saying it couldn't be fabricated, but I would not call it fabricated for that reason.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Crowned Member

By Golly! What does "Original Stock" mean???

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Crowned Member

a pedigree traces ancestry . On this pedigree there is "Tyson" with no information on his ancestry - just the words Original Stock for sire , dam, grands etc.

Colours not possible -- sire Diesel is progeny of two sables yet is listed as black and tan and the female he was mated to is a sable born to two black and tans , which is not possible.

Enjoy the pup --

Carmen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page