Bullet - 4yo GSD - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Bullet - 4yo GSD

I don't have the best of luck getting him to stand still for "good" pictures, so I sincerely apologize...but I'm wondering if he's "correct" by this picture?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Good Looking Dog!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

He cooperated with some help and bribery of his favorite toy...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Elite Member

Beautiful boy...

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Marlena
Bella 9/23/09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gatticus 3/6/13
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cats zorro & Patches
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Nice masculine head. Flat withers, OK topline (in first photo) and flat croup Good angulation in front with a very good length of upper arm. Good angulation behind. His biggest weakness is his pasterns which are quite long and appear weak.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 PM

For myself it's hard to determine some elements when he's not in a proper stack but I love his head. He's clearly not east-west in front and he has strong secondary sex characteristics. Croup looks short to me. It could be how he's standing-wish he was stacked but his neck looks short. Like his topline, short hocks. Might be a bit long in loin. Appears he is in good condition. Good earset. Pasterns are long but don't appear weak to me. I can't really critique the shoulder or arm as pictured. He looks like a nice dog.

What stands out to me most is his beautiful headpiece.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Last edited by Saxony; 10-25-2013 at 11:07 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

I had a hard time getting him to stack properly, and the only help I have available is a 9 year old who would rather get upset when Bullet doesn't stand perfect the instant he tells him to stand. It was more of a challenge to ask for help and have to coach the kiddo to stop yelling at the dog, than to try and snap pictures while the dog was running through the yard.

Would you think these pictures would be acceptable for the CKC registration? He's going to be using the Pictures And Witness program to prove his purebred-ness (I'm sure that's a word). His mom is AKC registered, but his sire is not registered at all. I want to have Bullet registered for his daddy and then get him K9 equipment so he can be used as a drug dog.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 11:13 AM
Crowned Member

I wouldn't bother with Continental Kennel Club if that's what you mean. If he's a narcotics prospect, registration is not going to matter one bit and that is not a reputable registry anyway.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

That's good to know. I've looked into it a little bit, and thought it would be nice for Bullet's daddy to have some papers on him, since he can't be AKC registered. Maybe I'll just focus on outfitting him with an agitation collar and lead and a badge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page