Critique please 6.5 month WL male - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Critique please 6.5 month WL male

Django on 08/10/13 6.5 months 23.5 in tall 62 pounds. Critiques very welcome. Thanks as always - Marcus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4611.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	101537   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4620.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	101545   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4585.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	101553   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4601.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	101561   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4603.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	101569  

Keep it Real with Yourself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Elite Member

I'll have a go at it! I'm from the ASL conformation crowd, so I'm still new to other lines.

The first pic makes his whole head and muzzle look very short, and his front feet appear long with a tad more angle on the pasterns than I'd expect from a working dog. Back is a bit high in the second pic, but nice chest. The bottom of the ribcage doesn't extend as far back into the loin as I would expect... It'll be interesting to watch him grow! I'd love to see his head from the front.

Totally pulling it out of my butt, so take it worth its weight! :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

There you go front head shot 1 week earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	django1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	101577  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I am not a judge of this stuff but he looks nice to me, particularly for his age which is often gangly (he is not) . I would suggest more trimming on the nails and would ask for suggestions to tighten up those paws a little.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
I am not a judge of this stuff but he looks nice to me, particularly for his age which is often gangly (he is not) . I would suggest more trimming on the nails and would ask for suggestions to tighten up those paws a little.
Thanks! I actually just cut his nails before I posted this as I noticed his nails were sort of long. I do think his feet are alot tighter then they look but IDK. lol

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharrisonjr26 View Post
Thanks! I actually just cut his nails before I posted this as I noticed his nails were sort of long. I do think his feet are alot tighter then they look but IDK. lol
The culprit can be long toe fur! I have a bitch like that. I trim her foot-fuzz a week before we have a show. It's remarkable what a big difference it makes. Combine that with keeping the nails nice and short and you'll see a definite improvement.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Knighted Member

I really like your dog a lot. Looks like a real sturdy fellow with great bone, muscle tone and pigment. He is a little long in the front feet and low in the pasterns in the photos. I really like his strong looking back and masculine expression. Keep us posted on how he develops he matures.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury View Post
The culprit can be long toe fur! I have a bitch like that. I trim her foot-fuzz a week before we have a show. It's remarkable what a big difference it makes. Combine that with keeping the nails nice and short and you'll see a definite improvement.
I keep Beau's toe fur trimmed so I don't catch it in the dremel and to make foot inspection easier, and even though he is has a normal coat but it can hide a lot of nail as said. It does make a huge difference. If he is used to a dremel you can slowly work them back nicely.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 AM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Too funny, I was seeing a beautiful dog and then also got hung up by those long toenails!!!

Once they get long it takes time to get the quick back.

good shots of how the black nail will look when before cutting the quick.

This is my favorite site with great discriptions How to Dremel Dog Nails @ DoberDawn.com

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys. I do know how to clip fur and nails and I can assure you his feet are good. Im asking for a critique of the whole dog not advice on feet. I would appreciate if we stayed on topic.

ROBK Thanks alot I will def do so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page