16 Months old Male (German showline) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

16 Months old Male (German showline)

16 Months old Male, German show line

Height at Withers : 66 cm or 26 Inch.
Current weight : 39 kg or 85 lbs.

I'm nowhere near qualification to critique, but one thing I noticed is that his hands are slightly sloppy.
Any comments and critique are welcome & appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

correction for withers height : 68 cm or 26.8 inch
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Masculine young male with good color. OK withers, good topline though he is slightly stretched (long), good length and position of croup. Good angulation front and rear, but he needs a longer upper arm. He appears to stand straight from the front and rear. Yes, his feet need to be tighter. My biggest complaint is that he is quite wet (a lot of loose skin especially around the neck).

You have him a bit over stacked. Try to get his front legs under him instead of angling forward.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

VERY big male. That is 3 cm over standard.

Lisa Clark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, Jarka (up and coming) BHOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Crowned Member

yes, he is really "wet" . when stacking him (using his second picture) his feet should be under his elbow. Draw an imaginary straight line . You have the dog bridged , too far forward . Foot is a little long and the pads are flat.
Using picture one you can see that on his left foot the nail is long almost touching floor . Trim this . He will use his foot differently may build some firmness. He may be landing differently, to avoid discomfort.

Carmen

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Crowned Member

Lisa 68 cm is 26.7 inches , so not that far from standard`s limit . Dog may be less , depending on where and how the measurement was done . Instead of dropping the tape straight to the ground the owner may have moved the tape forward to follow the bridged leg. He doesn`t look that big.

doesn`t look 85 pounds either. not enough muscle there

Carmen

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Knighted Member

You've got really great critiques here from those that are much more experienced. So I don't see the need for me to really do so.

I did want to say though, he is very handsome! I can tell he's very well taken care of.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Banned

Spinal cord is perfect, especially tail and pelvic section; the neck is a bit short, low position of the skull on cervical section; skull seemes proportionate, lacking triangular shape, nicely set ears; shoulders and hocks are a bit too much drawn together; nothing wrong with his phalanges, just long nails indicate that his physical exercise wishes to be better.
He is a very beautiful boy, take care of his chest develops in the next 6 months. I'd recommend chasing ball down and up a hill and swimming.
In order to improve facial part of his skull your puppy needs to develop his jaw muscles, provide him regularly with raw bones.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taggart View Post
low position of the skull on cervical section; skull seemes proportionate, lacking triangular shape, nicely set ears;(...)
In order to improve facial part of his skull your puppy needs to develop his jaw muscles, provide him regularly with raw bones.
I see a narrow skull, with the ears positioned too laterally. Can it be because of his lines (I'm under the impression in USA you prefer narrower heads) or only because of lack of maturity and condition? It gives me the impression the ears would fit better at the same head with more substance on it. (not a critique, just learning)

Diabla Boroluz, my Daemon; IPO-A1, RH-T A
Akela de Poputchik, my Direwolf; IPO-2, Kkl1
Calais vom Adler Stein; IPO-A1, Kkl1

Last edited by Catu; 07-19-2013 at 10:46 AM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
Lisa 68 cm is 26.7 inches , so not that far from standard`s limit . Dog may be less , depending on where and how the measurement was done . Instead of dropping the tape straight to the ground the owner may have moved the tape forward to follow the bridged leg. He doesn`t look that big.

doesn`t look 85 pounds either. not enough muscle there
His height was measured using a solid material measuring tape which doesn't flex or bend easily, therefore it was pretty accurate.
His weight is pretty accurate too and the scale don't lie
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page