Critique my dog - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Critique my dog

I see a lot of these and I think they're kinda fun. I know it's not the best stacked picture but it's the most recent picture of him. Took this on his 3rd birthday 3/24

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1366342479815.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	59706  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Knighted Member

This should really be moved to the breeding section under the sub topic Critique my dog, but I am not a moderator so I cannot do it.

First of all, you have a very nice looking dog. He is very handsome and looks very happy. He has very good angles in the rear, slightly short upper arm in the front. The way he is standing makes it difficult to see how his back looks but I think if he would stacked better, you would see a nice long croup, a level back and a decent but maybe slightly flat wither. From the tuck in his belly, and over all weight and depth of his chest I originally assumed he was much younger than 3 years.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll repost it there He's a very happy dog. I'll repost with an older stacked picture of him as well. He is 25" at the withers and 75lbs now. He has a really high metabolism this was before dinner so he looks extra sucked up lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Rather than that - I just sent a notify to an admin to move it to "critique my dog"

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I was just going to repost the whole thing but something told me to check back here first! Here's a few more pictures. The last two are a from the other day and the other stacked photo is almost a year old.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1366426573287.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	60130   Click image for larger version

Name:	1366426588865.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	60138   Click image for larger version

Name:	1366426649862.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	60162   Click image for larger version

Name:	1366426659776.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	60170  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD5150 View Post
Thanks! I was just going to repost the whole thing but something told me to check back here first! Here's a few more pictures. The last two are a from the other day and the other stacked photo is almost a year old.

Beautiful boy! I don't mean to be, "that person," but has someone shown you how to properly apply the prong/pinch collar? It's supposed to be much higher up than in your pictures and tighter. Of course it's only supposed to be used when training, needing corrections, etc...and you could have just added a few links because you weren't training. There is a great video on youtube about proper application of the pinch. I'll try and find it. And again, I mean absolutely no snarkiness or rudeness. I myself had no idea how to use a pinch or how it was supposed to be worn initially. Just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't :-).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

We rarely use it anymore. I added two extra links to make it more "relaxed" if he wears a flat collar he knows he can be a jackass and not get in too much trouble, especially if a lot of people are around. When he wears his pinch I think the possibility of a correction is in the back of his head, at least that's my assumption lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page