Trying again: Please Critique Kip - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Trying again: Please Critique Kip

My earlier attempts to post larger-sized photos of Kip ran afoul of the board's rules regarding size limits, but I think I have them all properly sized now (at least according to photobucket!). A moderator was kind enough to delete my earlier thread so that I might start over with a clean slate.

I have never shown a dog before having Kip. I entered him once in the unlicensed puppy class to get some showing experience and then again when he was 6 months of age. He is turning 9 months old tomorrow and I'm kind of getting the itch to try for conformation again, although currently I have him in personal protection training. I'd appreciate anyone's feedback on Kip's conformation. I intend to show him in UKC shows and will be handling him myself. I really enjoyed the first two shows and hope to get him titled yet this year.

All of these pics except for two were taken by me this past weekend (the one with the green toy in his mouth was taken 2 or 3 weeks ago and the next to last one was taken two weekends ago). I do not have any photos of him in a formal stacked position...the first two are of his natural stance...he basically walked into these standing positions and I took his picture. I am hoping these provide enough photographic information to receive feedback. If not, I can try again next weekend. The last couple of photos are just for fun.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to review my pics and to provide me with any feedback.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Master Member

Not a formal critique - and it may be the photos - has he ever had an eye injury?

His left eye (right in the photo) looks a little "off" to me...actually they both look a little off, but it is more prominent in the left eye.

Could be the markings causing a visual illusion - or like I said the photo.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

I wondered about that too. Like the lid droops on that side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

No, no eye injury. He's been to two different vets and they never said anything about either of his eyes. I once had someone observing him in class mention that the white of his left eye was bloodshot and red so I had the trainer take a look at it. The trainer examined the eye but saw nothing wrong and suggested that I wash it out with saline in case there was something in the eye that she could not see. I did that a couple of times....this was a while back though. Kip has never rubbed the eye or acted in the least like it bothers him.

Last edited by Kelly&Kip; 02-04-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page