Please critique - updated photo's of Zefra - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Please critique - updated photo's of Zefra

I would love some opinions on how Zefra is progressing. We have our SV show next month as well.

Stack (I did my best.. lol)

These are just a few photo's from this past weekend while we were on vacation.

Movement

Head shot

Thanks everyone, looking to learn so please feel free to share opinions, etc.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Crowned Member

beautiful! thats my opinion
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Master Member

Very nice dog-she looks long, lean and elegant. I love her coloring, especially in the trotting pics. Perfect ears and a lovely, keen expression.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Knighted Member

wow what an amazing looking dog. i like the "movement" photo. beautifully contoured body!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:02 AM
Elite Member

She's got a very pleasing form--very tightly ligamented ("dry") and compact, with a very tight coat. Nice medium size and bone, tight coat, lovely head with good earset, a nice long neck, pleasing topline with a slight nick behind the withers--this shows up more bc of her tight coat and lean build. A little upright in the pasterns--goes with being tightly ligamented. I really like her front--nice angle of shoulder blade and upper arm, good length and lay of upper arm.

However, she could use more length of upper thigh to give her a bit more angulation in the rear. So, she's got a better shoulder than rear and this shows up in movement. The proportions may improve some as she matures over the next year or 18 months, but I think she's always going to be lacking somewhat in rear angulation for the show ring.

Because of her better front than rear, she "falls on the forehand" a bit in movement, meaning that she moves "butt high" and looks a bit like she's running downhill (her shoulders are lower than her hips) at the trot.

This is very common in the working lines--and I suspect she's got great agility and is very nimble on her feet.

Christine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackthornGSD View Post
She's got a very pleasing form--very tightly ligamented ("dry") and compact, with a very tight coat. Nice medium size and bone, tight coat, lovely head with good earset, a nice long neck, pleasing topline with a slight nick behind the withers--this shows up more bc of her tight coat and lean build. A little upright in the pasterns--goes with being tightly ligamented. I really like her front--nice angle of shoulder blade and upper arm, good length and lay of upper arm.

However, she could use more length of upper thigh to give her a bit more angulation in the rear. So, she's got a better shoulder than rear and this shows up in movement. The proportions may improve some as she matures over the next year or 18 months, but I think she's always going to be lacking somewhat in rear angulation for the show ring.

Because of her better front than rear, she "falls on the forehand" a bit in movement, meaning that she moves "butt high" and looks a bit like she's running downhill (her shoulders are lower than her hips) at the trot.

This is very common in the working lines--and I suspect she's got great agility and is very nimble on her feet.
wow. i love the technicality of this answer. bless you. if you get a chance can you find my Zeeva and do me the honor of critiquing her?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 07:33 AM

also thinks she's gorgeous and looks, is built alot like Masi..Masi I believe, along with Christine's assessment is 'dry' / very tightly ligamented love her just the same

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Elite Member

I third Blackthorn. If you want to bring down her rear at the stack you'll really have to shape her so she crouches slightly and pushes forward with her chest; if you bring her right foot under a touch it might force her down (or she'll pull back off her front end and look odd, depends on the dog). She's a little shallow-chested compared to the dogs we usually see in the SE AKC/UKC shows. In the ring judges want to see a level back at highest and a lower rear (no roach, of course) at best. My friend's bitch has a similar build, and she has put some wins on her with a well-shaped stack so DON'T DESPAIR! A lot of UKC judges are putting up the less-angulated working type dogs now. Keep in mind I'm not a judge, I just show a lot so it's one person's opinion.
Beautiful working girl, I'd love to see her going after a frisbee! I bet she's like lightning.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackthornGSD View Post

Thanks for the critique! I was hoping you would take a look and respond.

I totally agree with your assessment as well. She is LIGHTENING fast and super agile.

I wish she had more of a rear but I guess you can't get everything in one dog! LOL

Would you take a guess at what she will place? I am of course hoping for a SG but she is in a line up of all showlines (there are only 2-4 working lines being shown at all in this trial.. lol) and so who knows.. lol.

This girl is just full of trouble as well. She has a temperament to die for, nothing rattles her, loves people and kids, awesome with other dogs, totally biddable but with some 'tude. She doesn't take crap from anyone and is a super worker!

XX z Weberhaus
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks everyone!

Much appreciated!

XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page