Nikon @ 3.5 (movement vid) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Nikon @ 3.5 (movement vid)

Thanks to Jason for taking some clips of Nikon gaiting next to the bike in preparation for his AD. I've never really had the chance to see how my dogs move in slow-mo. Nikon's no Ding Haus Gero but I think we could do a lot worse What is amazing to me is how fast I can bike before he has to break out into a run. No wonder why dogs so often look really bad in the show ring when their handlers can't move them fast enough on a loose leash with enough flat space.

Recent stack and face shot thanks to Falon. I'm sort of obscuring the stack but this is one of my favorite stacked photos since she captured how Nikon looks to me when he stands naturally alert and also perfectly captured his usual expression. Nikon is 3.5 years, 71lbs, and regular height (I'm really not sure, probably 25").

Last edited by Liesje; 05-04-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Crowned Member

You already know how I feel about Nikon...He's always been one of my favorites. Such a stunning dog.

Feuergarten German Shepherds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Elite Member

You guys just have too much fun. Gorgeous dog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Elite Member

Of course I think Nikon is a handsome boy!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned

Your arm shows good bone and condition. Your elbow is a little high. Your pony tail should fall more evenly.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I'm cuttin that thing tonight! It's driving me nuts!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LARHAGE
I think Nikon has a beautiful efficient stride, I think he would love to come ride the trails with me, he could trot as fast as my Tennessee Walkers do their running walk, he's absolutely one of my favorite dogs .

INTCH, U-GRCH V Alta-Tollhaus Gavin schH3, UWP, KKL1a, OFA EXCELLENT, DM-Clear
MHDW ( Most Handsome Dog In World)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To err is human, to forgive, is canine.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks guys! The critique he usually gets (at shows in person) is that he doesn't show as much rear drive as he could which I think is true (and I'm not sure how much of that is pure structure and how much is our absolute lack of ring training) but again, I don't know how much it really matters since I'm not looking for a super-mover and in general he seems pretty balanced and moderate how I like them. I really like to watch him on sheep. Where we go the owner handles him in the arena so I can just sit back and let them do their thing. He doesn't chase sheep around but falls into a gait right away, comfortable in both directions, and will turn 180 on his hocks depending on the movement of the sheep or the shepherd's shoulder. As someone who knows nothing about herding and livestock it's really neat to watch a dog that does this stuff instinctively without me in the picture.

I picked the song in the vid b/c of the line "I wear my heart upon my sleeve like a big deal" because that's exactly how Nikon is. He thinks he is the biggest, baddest, nicest, meanest, calmest, drivey-est, most athletic, fastest, smartest, strongest dog in the world and he's always been a very easy dog for me to "read". It's Nikon's world and we're all just passing through!

Last edited by Liesje; 05-04-2012 at 05:04 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Crowned Member

that was the perfect song for the video. beautiful dog and very nice gait.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Elite Member

I liked watching that video! Nikon looks great and like such a happy boy.

Benedict GSD 4/13/09
Pippin GR 2/6/14

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page