Critique Zefra @ 10 months - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Critique Zefra @ 10 months

This is only the third attempt at stacking Zefra anywhere besides my living room so I am happy to say she now has a stand command... LOL. Getting this girl to stand still for more than a few seconds is a feat in itself, so getting a some-what of a stack on top of that... I should of played the lottery that day!

Anyways, she turned 10 months old this weekend, will be going to her first SV show in May/June and we are hoping (aren't we all) for a SG rating. Soon after we will be trialing her for her BH/AD and then her IPO titles shortly after that.

62lbs
23" at the withers
Female/Intact

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Elite Member

She's turning out to be sooooo pretty!! How is it that this younger dogs all look more "mature" than Glock? I swear he is still an itty bitty puppy to me.

Megan

Amadeus 1/13/2003-10/20/2010 RIP
Glock 1/25/2011
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks Megan!

She is turning out to be quite the dog! I am VERY impressed with her so far!

XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Crowned Member

i dont critique; but she sure looks pretty, nice stacking job im impressed. i cant even get my dog to sit still long enough to get a decent picture, you should have played the lottery
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks!

Just hoping for some help, we have a show coming up and I would like to know how my stacking job is, etc.. would like a critique on her as well.. anyone?

XX z Weberhaus
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM

I think it looks good! Just have to make sure the feet are directly under the legs you are placing them on. But I'm sure you know that I'm newer than you in this and if no one commented about your stacking then no one will comment on mine! So I won't bother posting it lol. I posted on pedigree database and I got a few pointers there..... I dunno if you are on that site or not. I think she's a beautiful dog and will do great in anything she does. I will search for Starks pics now!

1 GSD - Valkyrie, 1 Border Collie - Ruger
1 Rescue GSD - Charlie

I will love you forever, Like you for always, always forever my babies you'll be.....
RIP - Pharoah (GSD) (July 27/09)
RIP - Brutis (Great Dane) (August 18/09) I will miss you....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Elite Member

I like the 2nd to last picture of her best. She looks crazy athletic--which is how I like 'em.

She's got a better shoulder than many workingline GSDs. She's got a nice length and angle of her upper arm (which is usually where you see a lack), but her scapula seems a bit upright. Would want to see her in movement to see how that affects her front reach.

She has nice height of withers, especially considering she's a young, workingline female (all of which tend toward flatter withers--youth, bloodlines, gender!). Her strong withers lead nicely into a strong, straight but sloping topline with a firm, short back, with a good length of loin (not too long and not too short). Her croup is a bit short and a bit steep. She seems to have some curls/waves in her back hair? Is she in the middle of re-growing her coat? Sometimes the fur will wave more then, when they're growing more on the top and still to come in on the sides--particularly noticeable in the sables.

She's very "moderate" as far as rear angles go, which means that you can't stack her out very much--and you haven't. But she appears nicely balanced front and rear--they match each other, it looks like--again, seeing her in motion would tell the truth of this--is she balanced in movement? Does she seem to have more pull from the front than push from the rear or do they seem equal and balanced as she trots out?

It looks like her feet are still a bit big for her body--may indicate that she's got some growth still to come--or it might indicate that she's still a bit out of coat. Make sure her nails, especially in front, are well trimmed to keep her forefeet looking a bit rounder--they are plenty tight and firm, but the toes look a tad long in the pictures, which I think is an optical illusion because of the black toemarks leading into black toenails.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but she looks like she might toe out a bit both in front and rear--this seems pretty mild and is likely due to her age. But when you stack her, pick the leg up from the elbow and try to make sure to set her feet so they point straight forward.

As far as the rear feet, also try to make sure to set her feet pointing forward. One trick you can do is to spread the hind feet a bit wider apart than her normal stance, this can give the appearance of a bit more angulation and may also keep her from toeing out in the stand.

Good luck in the show--no matter the results, you will learn something!

Christine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thank you very much Christine!

I truly appreciate the advice and the critique and the time taken to write that out!

She is just coming out of heat and was out of coat, now I noticed (the top) she is starting to regrow a bit. Same goes for her toe nails, they are growing rapidly while she is in heat. She is like I mentioned, almost finished (first heat).

I will definitely take your advice and re-take some photos as well and get some movement video this week.

I very much appreciate it! Thanks again!

XX z Weberhaus
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Knighted Member

I know nothing but just wanted to say she looks like she could be a hot pistol if she wants! Love it! She's a beautiful girl and again, I'm overcome with sable lust.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

She is definitely a b****, I mean... pistol (nice way to say it)... LMAO!

Super athletic, can turn on a dime, very pushy, definitely not a dog for someone who is a push over. She is is very high energy and her drives for toys is insane, especially the ball or tug. She also shows great defense drive but can turn it on and off in a split second if the threat retreats.

One thing about Zef is that she is also super social. VERY nice girl who LOVES people, we call her "wiggles" because if anyone looks at her or pets her she turns into this wiggling maniac.. lol.

I couldn't be more happy with the way she is turning out.

XX z Weberhaus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page